Grace Mammoth

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Welcome to Second Life Forums, Grace.

You've tried all the other stuff. Please try a character test. If you've never done this before, you'll find the option in one of the menus at the top of your viewer screen.  It takes your avatar back to a basic style one, and you'll need to then find your favourite skin, shape, hair, clothing, HUDS in your inventory. 

OK.

Next thing to try.

Top menus, depending which viewer you're using, "me" or "Edit">>Preferences>>Network   and clear cache.

Log out.

Bring up viewer screen, change login start location to Furball and log in.

Open inventory window and wait for it to load fully before doing anything else.

Now please do the character test.

I logged into a busy sim today and was stuck as a cloud for awhile. What I did was teleport home, which has almost no lag, Smith also works as well, and then I changed my outfits. I made sure all of my inventory was loaded first. Then I changed back to the outfit I had on previously. At first, I had on two outfits at the same time, so I changed outfits again, then I was ok.

On my main account I had some issues when I swapped over to using V3; orange cloud.  I waited a few minutes, still an orange cloud, but flying upwards, and I was about 150m up, my av started to rezz properly.

Some days it will, some days it won't, and some days only the character test will work for me,

but we'll test and we'll try and we'll rezz in the end :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Grace, there is absolutely no reason why should remain in this state.

I urge you to take a look at this website (made for Phoenix viewer users, but actually works for every type of viewer)...

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/bake_fail

Do not speed read it, but please do what your English teacher would have requested you do with comprehension tests at school (:matte-motes-wink:)  ... first read the explanation of why this happens, and work through, very slowly and carefully, the suggestions from the top one.

I appreciate you have done everything already, but if you want this issue fixing, you're going to have to start over as though it was a brand new problem.

You start with the first suggestion in the link.  And wait for a few minutes to see if it takes effect.  If that does not work, go onto the next suggestion, and again, wait for a few minutes. 

Please try to be on hard wired connection and not wireless.

And know that this is an extremely common problem.

I wish you lots of luck, and hope you will come back to this thread and say YAY this (whatever did) worked for me!!! :matte-motes-big-grin:

Grace Mammoth wrote:

I've searched through the second life wiki and did everything it told me to do to my avatar to get her back to normal(i've ruthed her,messed with the bandwidth,rebake)but nothing helps and she is stuck as a cloud/egg.Can someone help?

go2 'worn' in your inv & see if somehow youve lost your shape .. if you dont see it go to your main inv & add it

Jeanne

Hiya Grace.

Try wearing a hairbaise /eyebrow base and then try the character test and the rebake thing again.

If you still see yourself as a cloud it may be from your PC,I'm not sure thought,one of my friends' avatar couldn't get back to normal until she bought a new graphic card.

The de-ruth kit always works for me, I use it on a DAILY basis (yes my avatar gets stuck as a cloud/textures fail to load on a daily basis). It's the one that says "right click replace outfit" then turns you into the outright ugliest thing to exist in a virtual world. You might not be using the right kit or something, I know lots of ruth kits exist, and some of them don't work.

I'm fairly positive that the following things does absolutely nothing to fix ruthed/clouded avatars:

- Character test

- Rebake textures

- Force textures reload (on another avatar), but this does work sometimes for objects

Because I've been on SL for 5 years and these have not ONCE did anything whatsoever. So now I just use these 2 methods:

- Deruth kit, works 99% of the time. MAKE SURE you click "replace outfit" AT LEAST 3 TIMES, if you only click it once often it will not work since not everything is replaced. When switching back to your normal outfit, do NOT use "replace outfit", instead manually wear each item

- Clear cache + relog, works randomly

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4216 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.