Constant Crashing...CONSTANT Viewer Issues.

Nano Starfall

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm running a very high-end computer, and I don't understand why Second Life is crashing like it is~

My Specs:

Edition: Windows Home 7 Premium

Manufacturer: Maingear
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz
RAM: 16.0GB
System Type: 64-bit OS

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570
DAC Type: Integrated RAMDAC
Approx. Total Memory: 4064 MB
Current Display Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32-bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Generic PnP Monitor

DirectDraw Acceleration: Enabled
Direct3D: Enabled
AGP Texture Acceleration: Enabled

Every time I edit something while wearing rigged mesh, I crash.

After being online for a while, if I go into mouselook, everything will be extremely pixelated, as well as everything when I back out of mouselook. At this point, if I clear my cache, I crash instantly.

When I pan my camera out too far, I crash.

Often times, textures are black. When I stand around them, I get extreme lag, and then crash.

Menus are EXTREMELY laggy. It takes 5 minutes to load up my friends/groups.

My inventory often bugs and will not complete retrieving all of my items, and will stick. When I hover my mouse over it, I shows a loading icon, and lags. During this time I cannot place anything. It requires a relog. This happens every time I change regions or purchase something.

If I try to upload or save anything while my items are stuck perpetually calculating, I will freeze and crash almost immediately.

Does anyone have a fix for this? It's gotten just flat out rediculous.

Also, I'm running everything on completely max settings.

1. you cant edit rigged mesh

2. try setting your grapics to viewer default and see what happens.

3. please copy paste info from "help > about secondlife" when trouble shooting.

4.  if your cpu and/or graphics card is O.C'ed try turning them to stock settings. 

5. check that all your drivers are uptodate.

6. try and reduce the size of your inventory if it big

7. run a wired connection instead of a wireless one (only if applicable)

8. try a different viewr

Since you PC specs are very good..i  am guessing you have also  a fast  internet connection speed.

But just in case you dont,,,,you need to post your  connection speed here.

Its ashamed to have such problens on a true gaming  speed PC.

good luck  solving it.

1. I'm not trying to edit rigged mesh. When I try to edit ANYTHING while WEARING rigged mesh, I crash.

2. I have, same issue.

3. CPU: Intel® Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (3411.21 MHz)
Memory: 16290 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)
Graphics Card Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Graphics Card: GeForce GTX 570/PCIe/SSE2

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 8.17.0012.9573
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0

libcurl Version: libcurl/7.21.1 OpenSSL/0.9.8q zlib/1.2.5 c-ares/1.7.1
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v6.4.1
Audio Driver Version: FMOD version 3.750000
Qt Webkit Version: 4.7.1 (version number hard-coded)
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Built with MSVC version 1600
Packets Lost: 53/275,402 (0.0%)

4. They are at stock settings.

5. They are perfectly up to date.

6. I strip and clean out my inventory of every unneeded item I have weekly.

7. I cannot run a wired connection.

8. I really dislike other viewers, and I would like to get the issues sorted out for the default one.

I have a good connection speed most of the time.

Signal Quality: 130.0 mbs/second

Packet Loss: 0%

Ping: 23 ms

Jitter: 3 ms

Download Speed: 22.52 mbps

Upload Speed: 1.58 mbps

Thank you very much, though :3 I'd really like to get it up and running, and stable again.

Crashing when editing when wearing rigged mesh is a known problem - here's the JIRA...

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VWR-28329

Your other crashes sound like you may be running out of memory. The standard LL viewer is set up to run on 32-bit systems so it can't use more than about 1.5 gigabytes of memory When it exceeds this it will crash very predictably. It also can cause black textures right before it runs out of memory. The viewer has problems releasing memory so it tends to have its memory use balloon over time. If  you're at a crowded area and you're using your camera a lot this amount can be reached fairly quickly, especially if you've got your graphics options turned up all the way. Go to the "Develop" menu and turn on "Show Info - Show Memory" and you'll see if this is the problem.

Inventory stuck in a loading condition is another known probjem. Does the item number match what you'd expect your inventory to be but it still says "loading"? If you go into "Develop" and temporarily uncheck "Use HTTP Inventory" when this happens it should stop the unending load and let you rezz things.

Slow friends/groups lists loading sounds like either an erratic connection or you may have a firewall that's blocking one of the HTTP channels the viewer uses for background tasks. Make sure that your firewall is allowing "SLplugin.exe" access. Also there seems to be a very large speed difference between uploading and downloading for you - your ISP may be putting on some sort of throttle. SL is unusual in that it needs a constant two-way communication with the servers. Pure download speed doesn't mean much for SL.

She is running a 64 Bit OS a 32 bit program can access upto 4 Gigs of ram if it needs it, not using the HTTP line may work better as it shouldn't be as congested as the HTTP.

Since she is  running on wireless she will not get the full affects of her bandwidth on 130 Mbps passthrough (= close to about 30 - 40 Mbps tops), I would really suggest that she try and get a wired connection or closer to the router as possible for best connectivity.

I can suggest that maybe you could try cleaning out your graphics fan if that is possible (if desktop) a cooling pad( if laptop), your probably sound like that your card is overheating causing graphical glitches.

Also it would be good to know when it first started and if you have installed anything before it started.

The HTTP inventory thing really helped! As for the SLplugin, it was already on the list. As for my upload speed, we barely have any, I have no idea why. The ISP has been contacted about this, and they refuse to do anything about it. We have a lot of odd problems with our internet, I'm usually the one who has to go and fix them after the company reps sit in our living room, eat a sandwich, and demand money for their "hard labor". I thought it was an issue with the router, but I can't get in to work on it. My father decided he NEEDS the router in his room, on the other side of the house. He has the tech skill of a rock. The kind of parent who googles the google homepage? Yeah. He won't let me in to adjust and repair settings.

All of this has been going on since I installed SL. This is a brand new computer, so It shouldn't need to be cleaned again, as in the way of overheating, there doesnt seem to be an issue.

As for a wired connection, I've tried. I would need a 150ft long ethernet cable. My desktop is the size of my dresser, so I cant move it.

• 5 months later...

I am havig the exact same issues. I've noticed that if i take off other mesh pieces i'm wearing, it sstill does it. I've cleared cache, rebooted reinstalled and re-everything. This is NOT a computer issue. it's a secondlife issue. my boyfriend is having the exact same issues as well so while it's being blamed on this persons computer, it's not their computer.

• 4 months later...

I had this problem recently. Yes it was the mesh hair I was wearing for some reason causing the problem. I switched back to my old hair and did not have the crashing issue. I had tried the VBO settings first that did not make a difference. Soooo for whatever reason don't try to edit some things while wearing mesh hair. Guess SL does not want you to get messy hair while working.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3981 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.