Best way to start a FRESH avatar?

Robin23 Dagostino

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am tired of having all those unworn things in every outfit. I don't know why they remain there if they are not worn. I can't even delete them from the outfit.

I want to start a new avatar, FRESH bare naked. I want it to have only the SHAPE & SKIN I have acquired (not the default noob one) and from there add clothing.

This way the outfit has ONLY what I have chosen to wear on it normally. I may remove some items temporarily but should still remain on the outfit. But I don't want all the other junk that it is not meant to be there.

What is the recommended way to do that? it isn't working.

Carl is right, run the character test.  If you are using the Second Life official viewer it might be in a slightly different place to the 1.23 viewer or Phoenix, but it is in one of the menus that drop down from the top of the screen.  (look for Test Character, and then when you click on that you get sub-menus with Test Female - this takes your avatar back to a basic starter one).

You cannot delete things that are in the "library" section of your inventory.  They are the core elements of everybody's inventory.  You can, however, always delete the components of an outfit that you do not wear, ie a jacket layer if you always wear the vest layer. 

Robin23 Dagostino wrote:

.....I want to start a new avatar, FRESH bare naked. I want it to have only the SHAPE & SKIN I have acquired (not the default noob one) and from there add clothing....

If you want to remove everything EXCEPT for your skin and shape you can do this by going to your worn tab and removing everything there or right clicking your avatar and using the little memo to take off all clothes and attachments.

Then instead of dumping folders on your avatar or outfits, open the folder and choose what to wear individually by right clicking the item and choosing wear or add as applicable.

I think OP is unhappy with the fact that many (most?  All?) of the library skins come with underware permantently attached to the skin.  The "character test" AV's certainly come with underware baked right on the skin, and not very attractive underwear at that.

If this is the case, then OP needs to find a new skin, one that has the appropriate anatomical detail built in. Skins and shapes are a bit different than shirts and pants, by the way.  You can take off clothing layers, but since all AV's must have a skin and shape, you can only take off an old one by changing into a new one.

Thanks to all, I was indeed horrified to see other avis walking around with the default shape & attire so I changed mine. But as someone pointed out some skins/shapes come with baked-in underwear. Luckily I found a nice shape & skin that looks natural and doesn't have built-in underwear.

For me the problem was/is that most of the outfits (day, night, etc) have stuff that I don't really want there. Since they are not worn but are in the outfit I can't delete them.

I think Amethyst has a good answer, never tried doing that in the WEARING tab. I just wonder, if it is indeed possible to "delete" Them from the WEARING tab, will it just delete it from the current outfit or will it remove it from my inventory?

in the Appearance dialog go to the Wearing tab. take off everything except hair and tattoos/makeup that is part of your natural state/look. (in my case i usual as well leave on my default AO and other HUD/attachments that i always wear in every state)

then Save As (button at bottom of Appearance dialog) and make a name for your natural state look that will show in My Outfits list

after that can always strip down to that by: Appearance \ My Outfits \ [pick natural state name] \ right click and Wear - Replace Current Outfit

once you got your natural look then can put on your clothes/shoes/etc and then Save As for each dif outfit/look. is quite cool My Outfits bc can mix n match stuff from dif shops. and super easy/fast change as well

+

edit: if you delete a item from Appearance dialog then it only deletes the links to the Inventory item. can have many links to the same Inventory items in dif My Outfits folders.

can only delete actual Inventory items using the Inventory dialog. also when you do then they go to Trash folder. if you mistake delete then can Restore from Trash. only total lose stuff if you Delete and Empty Trash in Inventory dialog

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4445 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.