problem with graphic card

girl Boxen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i was using a graphic card for sometime but my computer wa gettig hanged again and again so i removed it......wen i started sl it got a message called pheonix is enable because your drivers did not start properly........ n so on......i dont want a graphic card but i want sl to run even i installed nvidia video card driver but its still not working........ any help ????????

10 answers to this question

Wait, I'm not sure I understand: you REMOVED your graphics card??? I assume you must mean something else as without a graphic card, you would not be able to run anything at all on your computer.

Please add information using "options" at the upper right corner of your question, "edit" to add text, or press "Permalink" under my reply. Thank you.

lol, I have to say (beside the fact I am not a great techie!) that I have never heard of running SL or whatever video program without a graphic card and appropriate drivers! :D

I am sure other helpers will come with an answer to your question. Just curious about the replies tou will get!

Ummmm.... the graphics card in your computer is the part that creates images and puts them on your monitor.  If you take it out, you'll have a black screen -- totally useless.  I think you must be talking about something entirely different.  If you want to tell us what it is, click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT. Please do NOT start a new thread.

girl, when you buy a camera, you get a small built-in memory. When you buy a phone, you get a small built-in memory. Part of these contain a component that allows you to run certain graphics. It's much the same with a computer. When you change a graphics card in a computer, you still need to be able to see the screen, so that you can follow instructions on a website to get the up-to-date drivers for it.

So, I am thinking that you are able to currently run low-level graphics type games (such as solitaire or minesweepers) without having a graphics card installed, but no way will you be able to run Second Life.

You need to have a proper graphics card of some description installed in your computer in order for you to be able to run Second Life.

System specifications required for running Second Life are over on this web page ...

https://secondlife.com/my/support/system-requirements/

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4292 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.