Registering Visa Electron card as billing method

Felicia Silversmith

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello everybody! I am builder in SL. Since Second Life allow to upload meshes only for people who have billing info in their account i had to order card (Visa Electron). Now when i am trying to register card as billing method i am getting message "Sorry, your payment failed. Please try another payment method".  I've created ticket to support yesturday but still no reaction from support team, I've also tryied to contact support team via e-mail (support@payments.secondlife.com) but all my email rejected by support team domain.

Card issued by state bank of our country so i am absolutely sure its legal and acceptable all over world.

Does somebody know how to solve this problem or at least got help from support? Thank you.

5 answers to this question

You'll have to wait on a response to your support ticket, or call Billing at one of the numbers below.  However, I believe that the Visa Electron card is one of those which are not accepted by LL.

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

If you are outside the US, your card may not be set up for international/overseas transactions (this is very common with Visa Electron).  Contact your credit card provider to make whatever adjustments are necessary in your account to allow international transactions.  You may also contact Linden Lab Billing Support. if you have other questions.  You can call the Linden Lab billing team at the following toll-free numbers:

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 1

The Wikepedia article here may shed some light on it.   As far as I can make out, if LL's payment system can't immediately check that funds are, in fact, available in your account to cover the transaction, then it can't work with Visa Electron.  

It seems to be the case that, when I pay LL with my Visa Debit card, they don't actually have to check -- presumably up to a certain transaction limit -- whether there are, in fact, funds available in my bank to cover it.  They'll get paid anyway, and then my bank will come after me.  With an Electron card, though, if the money's not in your account, then LL don't get the money.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4316 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.