MP items not paid for ???

Kurt Jiagu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have spent a week trying to recover money from SL   for an item  which showed as a partial delivery failure .............. after talking to the purchaser it seems they did receive the item and did pay for it ................ so it seems the partial delivery failure was MY  payment from SL !!!! i  have put a ticket in ,with the transaction history , order number and a copy of the text showing that the purchaser confirming that they had payed for and received it .................. now during the week ,  i  have repeated this 3 times ................... what else do i  need to do ????  i keep getting an answer saying the delivery failed ,  and therefore i was not paid ........!!! even tried live chat and they wasnt much help ............so anyone have any ideas ??

Kurt Jiagu wrote:

I have spent a week trying to recover money from SL   for an item  which showed as a partial delivery failure .............. after talking to the purchaser it seems they did receive the item and did pay for it ................ so it seems the partial delivery failure was MY  payment from SL !!!! i  have put a ticket in ,with the transaction history , order number and a copy of the text showing that the purchaser confirming that they had payed for and received it .................. now during the week ,  i  have repeated this 3 times ................... what else do i  need to do ????  i keep getting an answer saying the delivery failed ,  and therefore i was not paid ........!!! even tried live chat and they wasnt much help ............so anyone have any ideas ??

Did you check your actual Sl transaction history, not marketplace, but actual transaction history. I know people who have had it say it failed but the money was still showing in their transaction history as being deposited. they just didn't notice it. I'd check the transaction log first and be sure it really didnt get applied to your account. if it isn't still, then not sure what else you can do except submit the tickets.

wow, i  never noticed this before on  here !! .........now if i was somewhat cynical .....i would be thinking that maybe LL had programmed Marketplace to do random Partial Delivery Failures ...........therefore  making lots of lindens for no effort whatso ever ......but as I am not ......I  obviously do not think this ..........:) but I wonder just how much they are making from it ..........coz its happened quite frequently  lately costing me a few thousand lindens and I am only one of how many merchants on MP????

Kurt Jiagu wrote:

what else do i  need to do ????   ............so anyone have any ideas ??

The problem isn't with Marketplace, the issue is your expectation.  

Once you have have understood that:-

1. The underlying architecture permits this to happen 
  2. LL quote the TOS at you and state that "it doesn't matter if it doesn't work"
  3. It won't be fixed (See JIRA WEB-4508)

All you have to do is change your way of thinking.  It's not that you didn't get paid for an item that MP delivered but that you have merely given away a promotional sample and that's a good thing right?

(I'm still waiting for the day when LL staff don't get paid salary due to a bank issue and the bank says "Sorry, sometimes it doesn't work even though it says you got paid, nothing we can do." *shrug*)

Linden behavior in this area is nothing but shameful. I feel sorry for anyone dependant on Linden Lab, any people trying to do any sort of realistic business here. Lindens used to have something cool going on but nowadays the continuous bumbling negligence & ineptitude just makes me sigh a sigh of disappointment.

wow, i  never noticed this before on  here !! .........now if i was somewhat cynical .....i would be thinking that maybe LL had programmed Marketplace to do random Partial Delivery Failures ...........therefore  making lots of lindens for no effort whatso ever ......but as I am not ......I  obviously do not think this ..........**Only uploaded images may be used in postings**://secondlife.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif" border="0" alt=":smileyhappy:" title="Smiley Happy" /> but I wonder just how much they are making from it ..........coz its happened quite frequently  lately costing me a few thousand lindens and I am only one of how many merchants on MP????

;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-) ;-)....

what i really really don't like about it is if there is ever 'a bank error in your favor' so to speak where linden lab accidentally give you too much L$? then you see the other side of the coin. they quickly investigate & rebalance the error without being asked to. in such case they suddenly become very proactive.

so lol don't think you won anything or can keep it if that happens :catsurprised:

i was demanded to repay (it was not USD, just L$... worthless to linden Lab right?) on very short notice the full amount of their transaction errors. failure to do so would have been my avatar deleted. linden lab was incredibly rude & aggressive about recouping the loss from their mistake.

quite distasteful experience to be sure seeing the contrast of behavior.

It's pretty obvious where SL is headed. Until then I will just accept the theft of Lindens as part of doing business here. Once I stopped being angry about customers requesting customer service of a product they paid for and received and I got nothing for, it felt better.

I recommend everyone else do the same. I'm happy getting something until the whole things comes to an end. I'll squeeze this lemon until there isn't a drop left :-)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4349 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.