Some Color Folders maybe?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It's been quite a challange when you have many and many of objects, meshes, undeis, bullet rezzed explosions in your inventory. Even being orgainized has it's limits. Will Second Life ever develop a system where we can have color coded based folders? As of now, playing this for over 4 years, I have yet once figured out how to copy any of the main folders. Examples would be the Favorite folder, or the landmarks folder. Since you can't give folder icons the best bet would be doing something along the lines of

~*A really overkill old folder.

other then that I am just stumped on how to make my life a little more organized in SL.

I seriously doubt that Linden Lab will color code folders (if they ever do it will be for more utility than "organizing".......organizing is so open ended in that what's organized for you will probably not be organized for me or many others).  I'm pretty sure it can be done but you (or some TPV developer would have to do it).  Check out the Viewer Source Code page found here:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Get_source_and_compile

Maybe instead of colored folders. have the folder changable to a specific image icon you upload(name the image "Folder Icon" and put it in the folder you want customized) Or something similar that would work viewer side... seems pretty simple like windows folders you can do... It would be cool and be able to access things quicker and be a customizeable thing so it wont interfere with what somone else would like or not..

I had a crash last week while trying to get some kind of  "order" to the 45,000 items in my inventory. I had deleted a ton of crap...freebie textures, things I'd picked up when I first started. SO... I'm on LL viewer, and hit  "empty trash," HANG, CRASH. When I came back on, I realized I'd lost 1/2 my inventory.  The nightmare was it was my building/clothing folder that I create all my designs from. Everything from meshes to flex skirts to sculpts to every building item I've ever bought or made. LL said I didn't lose it. But after everything advised to do...everything...and hours upon hours, I'm done trying to restore something that is forever gone. I was able to find many items in original boxes in my objects folder (thank God I never moved them), and I did contact a few creators whom I spent the most money and had replacements delivered (thank you if you're one of them) but everyday I find another thing I need that's gone. LL needs to have a way to restore our inventories. Color folders, fine, but protect what we have. This is the first time I've ever lost anything in my inventory. I've lost plenty inworld when there's a restart. The inventory system is horrible. With a large inventory, it's impossible to move items wtihout folders jumping. closing, opening...it's a nightmare. And my experience a uber nightmare.

Thankfully, I am getting a handle on what I lost and rebuiliding or buying what I really need. I guess that's one way to clean out your inventory! LOL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4358 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.