SL crashes when I try to login.

Drizzt Coage

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First thing, I'm using the official and lastest linden viewer, but also tryed with Singulariity and Phoenix in their last versions too.

It's simple, it just doesn't log in, when I try it, It crashes on the typical way. I tryed clearing the cache on the preferences, then I tryed clearing ALL the cache manually, lowering the graphics, changing region, trying with my alt avs, reinstalling all of my viewers... And nothing... Any Idea?

My PC: 

Windows XP 64-bit Edition Service Pack 2 (3 doesn't exist on this version) 

Intel Core i5

8 GB RAM 

NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 

NVIDIA Driver version: 6.14.12.9610

NVIDIA Driver date: 29/02/2012 (So nope, I haven't updated anything since february, nothing have changed in my PC, and this problem appeared some days ago) 

Viewers tryed: 

Phoenix Viewer 1.6.1

Singularity Viewer 1.6.0 

Second Life 3.3.3  

Shot in the dark, but you could try to reinstall the graphics drivers
Hard to make a guess with no info :)

Did it just stopped working suddently?
Stopped working after a system crash/hang/reset?
Anything else that happend befor SL would crash on login? (installed programs, system updates, etc)

I havent done anything. That's why im so confused... Also, It just crashes when I click the login button. When I'm at Phoenix or Singularity the viewer just closes without any message. In the official viewer the typical window appears, sending a crash report typically.

You haven't given us much to go on. When you ask a tech question include information about your computer and viewer. If the viewer will at least show the login screen, get the info from the viewer's Help-About... and paste that into your post with your question. To add your info to an existing question use OPTIONS->EDIT. It’s in the upper right of your post.

Saying you are using the 'latest' SL viewer doesn't mean much to anyone. The versions change pretty fast. Use the actual version and build number. from HELP->ABOUT...

Since you are crashing after login it is probably a graphics thing. Before logging in go into preferences and in the graphics settings set LOW. See if that lets you into SL without a crash. If so, it is a graphics issue. 

Since you did not post your video driver version we can't tell if that is a likely problem.

Nope, It doesn't show the login screen, I've been experimenting, and It seems that it crashes even before confirmating a valid account, way before doing any graphic process... I mean, it crashes even when I introduce random characters like "asdf" as name and password.

In other hand, it just crashed without a crash log report in the third party viewers I tryed in the official it sends a report. 

And as I already said, one of the first things I've tryed is loweing the graphics... Thank you anyway... 

Now I can log in, but just with an old viewer the others mentioned before are still not working. I use Imprudence 1.3.2, wich doesn't have alphas, multiattach, and meshes implemented. This is weird, because some weeks ago I could use viewers with that benefits... Any Idea?

Several possibilities.

As you're not a newbie, and this issue is very recent, taking into consideration all the information you've provided so far, it sounds like either you haven't got sufficient RAM remaining to run some versions of SL, and/or your graphics card is protesting, due to wear and tear (I would be inclined to believe it is the latter).

If you're someone who has a ton of software to different games on their computer, stores videos, photos, etc., on hard drive, eventually it can get used up.

In your shoes I would be removing any unnecessary programs, saving videos and photos to separate hard drive/usb storage, giving the inside of the computer a good blow out with air spray, disk cleanup, defragment, and if still having problems, would consider replacing graphics card.

Keep us up-to-date, please.

Best of luck.

Well... I have plenty of games installed on this PC. Its what happens when you have an Steam account since 2006. But my graphics card seems to work properly... I just bought it some months ago along with all the PC and I play games and edit video without any problem... The only problem I have is with SL... And just with the recent viewers as I can see...

I also cleaned the inside of my computer last week... But didn't defragmented... Also... I have 8GB of RAM... It would be crazy if I ain't got enough RAM... (Mostly because I tryed to run SL with my RAM flushed)

I also save videos and photos to a separate HD... The only thing I haven't done is removing some games i've installed from Steam... But they're like... 15 or something... So I don't think that would be the problem, I'll try desinstalling some, I don't think it will work, but i'll do it anyway.  Thank you.

Any other ideas are welcome. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4291 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.