SL on a Netbook

Sapphire Igaly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

Well, here are a few relevantl comments from reviews on the Internet ....

"Netbooks are arguably on the way out, but as one of the last of a dying breed, the Asus Eee PC X101CH makes for a nice finale. Performance from its new Intel ‘Pine Trail’ Atom processor isn’t a huge improvement and you’re still restricted to light workloads, but the ability to finally play Full HD video smoothly makes this netbook a far more attractive proposition than many."

"Integrated processor graphics card (e.g. in the Atom N2600) without dedicated memory. Most likely based on a PowerVR design similar to the GMA 500 but with higher clock rates. Only some 3D games with very low demands are playable with these cards."

"65%: Such a bad rating is rare. There exist hardly any notebooks, which are rated worse."

That pretty much says it all.  You'll be very lucky to get this computer to run in SL at all.  If you do, it will have to be on Low graphics settrings and with a V1 style viewer like Imprudence or Cool VL.

Text viewers will work.

I have one of the older Asus EEE PC series machines, and it works fine with Radegast. Great for hopping on SL while I'm travelling, but no graphics (though it has some sort of pretend-3D system I've not played with).

Third Party Viewer Directory

I can only get 2-4FPS from the typical LL viewer, and textures don't bake (because of its lack of graphics processing). I would avoid full viewers on a Netbook.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4385 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.