Lost item how do I get it back

redxrob

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

redxrob wrote:

Lost as in lost its not in my inventory ive had a good look how do I go about repotting somthing?.

There is nothing to report and no one to report it to. Each person in SL is responsible for his own inventory management, including how to find missing items or force them to load if they are not -- the link given above is the place to start, not the creator.

I've lost items I've rezzed that are no copy just before there is a sim restart. One of two things. 

If you have the original purchase information (bought on Market Place), you can send this to the creator with a note. Most creators understand that SL can and does eat items. I once lost 5 items I rezzed out when the sim crashed right after. It was not in my inventory. Linden Labs reset the sim to an earlier time but this did not bring back the items. These were costly items. I didn't have proof at all. But i did notify each creator and just explained what happened. I figured 1. they'd replace it. or 2, not replace it, but nothing to hurt to ask nicely. Everyone replaced these items.

But once I lost two beds for the same reason. The beds were older and I didn't bother. I did notify LL and they said I shouldn't have rezzed it during restarts. I'm very careful about those restarts now.

Someone once said in a forum they'd never have the nerve to contact a creator about this, but most creators understand the crazy world of SL and will usually replaced the item. Especially if you purchase frequently from them, as I had.

Once I lost five breedable cats--same thing, sim crashing/restart. All five cats were replaced by creator. They kept records of who owned what and I got backups. I believe in asking. It can't hurt if you ask nicely and explain what happened. And any proof you bought it would help. Hope you get your items back. Watch for days when there are sim restarts. I now keep a little sim info thing on my land it tells me in chat if there's restarts coming! 

This person can't find something in inventory, apparently. Many ppl do not understand that inventory is not stored in your viewer, but on LL's servers, and that while something may not show up in your inventory list, that does not mean it is actually gone. Unless you delete something and empty trash, the chances are about 99% that it is still there. 

I can go for weeks without my inventory ever fully loading, or close to it. The last few weeks have been fine, tho. But in any case, I know that the first thing to do is NOT to IM the creators of missing items, but to take reasonable steps to get my inventory to load. Creators cannot be responsible for everyone's inventories. They have enough just dealing with their own. Plus the 'missing" things will almost surely show up at some point; it just takes a little effort.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.