hug script

Sarrah12

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello,

if i have an animation that involves two ppl slow dancing or kissing, do i need a hug script or hug animation to connect the two avatars? I'm not sure what a hug script is used for. And where can i get a hug script from?

4 answers to this question

A hug script (sometimes known as a hug/kiss script) is typically, in fact, a pair of scripts worn in an attachment or hud. 

Basically, it works by scanning the immediate area on request and, when you tell it who you want to hug, it asks them for permission to animate them.   Assuming they agree, the item moves you close to them and, when you're in range, triggers the appropriate animation for both of you.

They normally require only minimal configuration -- typically putting the animation names on a notecard (so the scripts know which animation to play for you and which to play for the object of your affections) and maybe also saying how close you need to be to your target before starting the animation, and for how long the hug should last.

If you search the marketplace for "hug script" or "kiss script" you should find plenty of free ones without too much difficulty.

• Like 2

Hello, dancing or kissing ... needs 2 animations lets call them a female and a male part.

One way is to rezz 2 spheres, drop each animation in and put a "sit script" into both too (sit scripts are free available if you search). Some 2 person animations work better with a synced script to start animation only when both are on and ready ;)

Still, search marketplace or the scripting forum to find scripts of your need.

Monti

No, never the LSL Scripting forum. There are no free scripts there. That forum is a place for scripters to share ideas and insights on scripts that they are writing. People looking for free scripts are routinely referred to the Wanted forum or the Inworld Employment forum.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.