my game won't let me logg in says grid seems to be expired i can logg into my account on another

Thornweaver

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

my game won't let me logg in on this computer but will let me log onto another one says that the grid is down... i tried logging in to a different area didn't work i was on the game last night, i've also uninstalled and reinstalled the game and the message says exactly

could not connect to server

the certificate returned by grid appears to be expired

please check your  system clock or contact your grid  admin

11 answers to this question

Your game?  You mean Second Life?  The grid isn't down.  I'm in world right now and it's fine.  LL did rolling restarts this morning but they finished a long time ago. 

Have you ever been able to log in to SL with that computer before?  Are you getting a specific message now?  Exactly what does it say?  Click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT to add more information. Please do NOT start a new thread.

I haven't seen that Message that says "please check your  system clock or contact your grid  admin" for almost 5 years.  I wonder if it means the same thing now?  Look at the system clock on your computer and check the date.  Be sure that it says 2012.  If it was accidentally reset, then your viewer would read the secure certificate for SL incorrectly.

Hi Thorn,

You have the clue to what is wrong in the message you posted:

" the certificate returned by grid appears to be expired "

Please check your PC Date & Time. I bet you will see you PC has defaulted to a factory BIOS time. This means that your PC's CMOS battery has come loose or needs replacement. Security certificate authentication requires you to maintain accurate Date & Time. Any PC with a inaccurate Date & Time is considered a insecure device.

SL is not the only thing affected by an insecure PC - Mail services using the https: protocol require that PC date & time are accurate in order to verify the security certificate valid date range.

A temp fix is to set your date & time manually then you'll be able to access secure services again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4360 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.