Email notifications failed.

Izabel Muircastle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I do not receive email notifications since this morning (Europe Time). The last email I received was an Im sent at 9:52pm SLT. And since this one, I received nothing.

I have a main account, an alt I use for RP, another to build, and another for business. I have this problem for each one: No IM notification, both IM and Notices.

I changed nothing in my accounts nor my mail boxes.

@Rolig: I have done some tests. And IMs never arrived in my mails box. I also checked Spam folder.I received mails, but not IMs sent.

It appears that the messages sent from a certain region are not transmitted by mail.
Whereas if they are sent from another region, notifications arrive well.

3 answers to this question

One obvious possibility is that no one in SL has been sending you e-mail since 9:52 SLT.  I have received almost none myself, but I don't find that very unusual on a Sunday.  Have you tried sending yourself an IM from one of your alts to another? 

I imagine that you have checked the Grid Status page, as I just did, and found that there are no grid-wide problems reported at the moment.  There are also no new JIRAs regarding e-mail delivery failure.  You might check your e-mail provider and be sure that they haven't had a service disruption, and check your spam filter to be sure that things haven't beeen sent there by accident.  The only other possibility I can think of is that you are seeing some effect of https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-7540 .  If that's the case, the workaround is to mute someone --- anyone at all.  You may unmute them again if you wish, but the act of muting somehow cures SVC-7540.

Hi Izabel, I am having the same problem (I'm a Merchant and the email confirmations stopped coming through today). So you are not alone. It is not posted on the Grid Status (at this writing).

-   If you are a Merchant and not receiving the email confirmations for your sales, there is both a JIRA and a Merchant Forum Thread:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4138

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Merchants/Head-s-Up-Email-Confirmations-not-coming-through-to-email-re/td-p/1559217

Read through those and see if they match the issues you are experiencing. Add your comments to both (for the JIRA, add any order numbers that have failed email confirmations but were successful transactions. The Commerce Team is aware of the issue and working on it, but needs whatever information we can provide to help solve it.)

-  For the problems with IMs and Notices, there are several JIRAs open, so if you search the JIRA you may be able to find an appropriate one to add your comments to.

Izabel Muircastle wrote:

[ ...]

@Rolig: I have done some tests. And IMs never arrived in my mails box. I also checked Spam folder.I received mails, but not IMs sent.

Bummer.  That stinks.  Arwen is probably right, then.  Add your voice to the forums and the JIRAs and wait for LL's developers to find a cure.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4408 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.