Change creator on full perm item

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, before anyone screams at me, I am not some content thief.  I have bought several full perm items and usually they come with the sculpt maps and a full perm example - several sellers even state you can sell the full perm example In your builds, except I want it in my name.  And yes, I am using these items in larger builds, etc., and thus following all terms of use.  It used to be you could export it to second inventory and bring it back in and it would be in your name.  And I seem to remember a script that did this, but can't find it.  Anyone know if this is possible and yes I am being lazy by not wanting to use the sculpt maps and make my own - actually its not so much laziness but I can never get it just right when I use the sculpt maps, especially when there are dozens of prims and its a small object - I can never seem to replicate it as good as the example, which is why I want to use the example - which I am allowed to do - but have the prims in my name.  And, no I don't want to do the phantom prim linkset thingie.  Any help would be appreciated.  Many thanks in advance,

Drew

Thanks - I was thinking about that - alternatively, if anyone has a good idea, I don't need some easy copy way to change creators - I am more than willing to build them from the maps, but like I said, just can't get the ones I make to look as good as the demos:)  Thanks,

Drew

Here's the solution to getting everything exactly as the example.  

1) Rez the sample item

2) Rez a cube and use the 1st sculpt map in it

3) Go into edit mode on the sample and check edit linked parts.  Click on the part that corresponds to the prim you just made and click "Copy" on the size and position & rotation numbers (you'll need a 3rd party viewer for this)

4) Click on your prim you just made and click "Paste" on the size number.  (all 3 size numbers will be pasted).  Your prim will now be the same exact size as the sample.  Click "Paste" on the rotation numbers so your prim is rotated exactly and then Click "paste" on the position numbers and your prim will jump to over the original part of the sample.

5)  Repeat this procedure for all parts of the item

6)  Once you finish making each piece, edit and then move the original out of the way.  Now you have a perfect replica but all prims are in your name.  

7)  Texture each piece

8)  Link all parts

9)  You're done!

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

Here's the solution to getting everything exactly as the example.  

1) Rez the sample item

2) Rez a cube and use the 1st sculpt map in it

3) Go into edit mode on the sample and check edit linked parts.  Click on the part that corresponds to the prim you just made and click "Copy" on the size and position & rotation numbers (you'll need a 3rd party viewer for this)

4) Click on your prim you just made and click "Paste" on the size number.  (all 3 size numbers will be pasted).  Your prim will now be the same exact size as the sample.  Click "Paste" on the rotation numbers so your prim is rotated exactly and then Click "paste" on the position numbers and your prim will jump to over the original part of the sample.

5)  Repeat this procedure for all parts of the item

6)  Once you finish making each piece, edit and then move the original out of the way.  Now you have a perfect replica but all prims are in your name.  

7)  Texture each piece

8)  Link all parts

9)  You're done!

This would have been my solution, only let me point out that you don't really need a TPV to do it... you can do it with any viewer, you would just have to copy/paste it manually for all three sizes.

...Dres

• 1 month later...

I know this post is a bit old but what do you mean with 1st sculpt map in the cube you rezzed yourself?  Do you mean the tab object? And are oyu supposed to link the objects or not? And what do oyu mean by step 5: repeat this on all of the parts of the item? Didn't you already do that in step 4? I am kind lost about this.

I am just starting to build and sell so I am new to this. Sorry if my quiestions are noob ones, lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4304 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.