The End!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If Second Life we gone tomorrow, I would be really upset. I'm sad that more of you don't feel as strongly about SL as I do.

Perhaps it's because I have made special friends that I am afraid I would lose. They are from so many countries and walks of life, and we surely do love each other after all these years. I never tried to make money in SL, or role play something I am not..I just fell in love with the people around me and enjoyed our never ending struggles to figure out, and survive in our virtual place.

If LL does dump SL, I would hope they at least gave us a month or two warning, so we could find other ways to meet the people we have come to care about. Most of us keep our RL mostly private, it's not like I have eveyones email address or anything. I would hope we could find another grid to populate, and maybe keep our same names.

I really hope it doesn't happen :(

Ceka Cianci wrote:

Deja Letov wrote:

Play Skyrim or maybe Batman. Either one would work....

Wouldn't really affect me to be honest. I have a bazillion other games I could be playing.

if you mean this batman..arkham city or the one before it..i had gotten them for my nephews when they come over..i ended up playing it and really enjoying it..

i wish they would have had more of catwoman though..it was fun being her more than batman for me hehehe

I agree. I would have loved to have been catwoman more often in Arkham City. But I guess the game is called Batman Arkham City and not Catwoman Arkham City...so i won't complain too loudly.

Lenni Foxtrot wrote:

If Second Life we gone tomorrow, I would be really upset. I'm sad that more of you don't feel as strongly about SL as I do.

Perhaps it's because I have made special friends that I am afraid I would lose. They are from so many countries and walks of life, and we surely do love each other after all these years. I never tried to make money in SL, or role play something I am not..I just fell in love with the people around me and enjoyed our never ending struggles to figure out, and survive in our virtual place.

If LL does dump SL, I would hope they at least gave us a month or two warning, so we could find other ways to meet the people we have come to care about. Most of us keep our RL mostly private, it's not like I have eveyones email address or anything. I would hope we could find another grid to populate, and maybe keep our same names.

I really hope it doesn't happen
:(

I guess that is why to me it doesn't bother me as badly. the friends I have made in SL, i have connected with outside of SL. Most everyone I know in SL is on my facebook so we can talk anytime we want. There might be a few "newer" friends I haven't added in real life yet,  but anyone I'm close with definitely is. I might be alittle sad to see SL go, but I wouldn't dwell on it, I wouldn't cry and I would definitely find something else to do. I've already started on inworldz as well at the suggestion of several of my friends. It reminds me a lot of what SL was 5-7 years ago. Maybe that's a good thing...it means we might have 5-7 years to grow in it before it turns into what SL is right now. But...I don't think SL is going away anytime soon, so I think we're safe.

I'd miss the cool cars and bikes in my inventory and the miles of mainland road out there I have yet to explore.  I'd miss building in unique areas and seeing what others have built.  I'd miss those rare moments when I actually feel like socializing and go out to the night clubs to listen to the music while watching the wildlife.  Probably lots of other things I'd miss that I can't think of right now, but I wouldn't spend too much time missing them before getting out to the other grids.

There are a lot of other grids out there, but being that many of them are running on unmodified opensim on a few computers in some basement I suspect they'd get crushed by the sudden influx of SL refugees and the grid list would shorten considerably.  Of the surviving opensims a couple would thrive and grow to where they can offer just about everything SL does now, and with actual competition they'd have to work much harder towards customer satisfaction.  But what I'd really hope to see, resulting from the sudden freeing up of SL customers, is simulated worlds that have finally advanced past SL and opensim.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4449 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.