Why does my account keep going negative?

Namestop

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Over time my account has for no known reason going into the negitive. I first spotted this a while ago and thought it was harmless. Until I realized I was unable to claim even free items. I didn't pay much mind to it until it went to -$3 from it's original -$1. I got pestered with this and tried to go to the forms to ask and find the reason only to find that the forms wouldn't allow me to sigh in. I logged onto second life to see if I could log on and I logged on without any problem. I asked my friend and he had no clue as well and simply paid me $3 which made me break even and for a few days it was fine. Now I have -$1 dollars and have finnaly been able to log into the forms to ask. I haven't even bought anything since it first went negitive.  Can anyone please help me with this problem?

2 answers to this question

It's really quite simple, probably.  You belong to one or more groups that are expecting you to share in group liabilities for things like the L$30 a week that it costs the group to show their land in Search.  That's the default in all groups, but many group owners change it so that only they and a few managers pay the costs.  If you prefer not to pay your share, you may leave the group, or maybe send the owner a polite IM and ask her or him to reconsider how costs are shared.

BTW, any time you wonder where your L$ are going, just go to your dashboard at secondlife.com and navigate to Account >> Transaction History.  You'll be able to see who has given you L$ and to whom you have give yours during the past 30 days.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.