I searched everywhere...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Well, seeing as it's a forum, not a FAQ, I'm perfectly happy to answer the questions if I know the answers, no matter how many times they come up.

Rather than worry about whether the people asking are lazy or deficient, or if the system is pants, why not just skip it and move onto the next question. Someone will answer it who doesn't mind.

Eloise Baily wrote:

Well, seeing as it's a forum, not a FAQ, I'm perfectly happy to answer the questions if I know the answers, no matter how many times they come up.

Rather than worry about whether the people asking are lazy or deficient, or if the system is pants,
why not just skip it
and move onto the next question.
Someone will answer it who doesn't mind.

The TABS above say this is the forum, not ANSWERS.  Exactly my point, why can we not have a FAQ or 4-5 FAQ as a sticky in ANSWERS.  Rotate them accordingly.  

PS I do skip them.  I can see from your contribution (almost nil) to ANSWERS that you skip everything.  

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Rather than stickies, there should be a
troubleshooting guide
like on the
site.

Of course, LL would have to maintain it...

I am sure some of the helpers and contributors would not balk at the opportunity to maintain a guide.  This should be one of the 'privileges' that comes with helper/contributor status.  

Helpers and Contributors can start new and edit draft KB articles, and Helpers can edit published ones (neither can publish new or with changes). Unfortunately, I don't think anybody at LL is maintaining the KB at this point. There are 22 Forum posts
(I won't comment on the judgement used in some of the nominations...) and 1 approved (which I cannot see? "Sorry, unable to complete the action you requested."), so I fear that any draft articles would just sit there.

Hells Bells, it looks like I nominated an Age Play thread, and some others, which I most certainly did not!!! I do remember a menu popping down, but did not think I'd clicked on it.  (I obviously have co-ordination issues.)

Good job no one acts on these nominated threads! Thanks for pointing it out, Griffin. I'd never been over to that page before.

Now I've just got to go un-nominate the threads I apparently nominated. Gad!!

Marigold Devin wrote:

Good job no one acts on these nominated threads!

Not even on ones nominated by Lindens! :smileyfrustrated:

Now I've just got to go un-nominate the threads I apparently nominated.

I don't see any way to do so. Good luck with that. :smileytongue:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Eloise Baily wrote:

Rather than worry about whether the people asking are lazy or deficient, or if the system is pants,
why not just skip it
and move onto the next question.
Someone will answer it who doesn't mind.

The TABS above say this is the forum, not ANSWERS.  Exactly my point, why can we not have a FAQ or 4-5 FAQ as a sticky in ANSWERS.  Rotate them accordingly.  

PS I do skip them.  I can see from your contribution (almost nil) to ANSWERS that you skip everything.  

Yep. But then again, I don't whine about repeats either.

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Good job no one acts on these nominated threads!

Not even on ones nominated by Lindens! :smileyfrustrated:

At least that makes me feel a tiny bit better :matte-motes-big-grin-wink:

Griffin Ceawlin wrote:

Now I've just got to go un-nominate the threads I apparently nominated.

I don't see any way to do so. Good luck with that. :smileytongue:

I've contacted a moderator, and they've passed on the info to whoever it is deals with KB nominations.

I'm now writing out 100 times, "I must be careful what I click on" ! :smileyembarrassed:

Marigold Devin wrote:

it would have been useful to have developed the Helper Island sims more by having up-to-date noticeboards on with solutions to these more common problems so the people with the problems inworld could get help inworld.

this is one of my pet peeves

helpy stuff inworld that doesnt help

i was at Korea1 yesterday

a new lady came. she went inside the main building. is a helpy sign which has a spinning click me on it. she click about 6 times. nothing happened bc it not work anymore. i give her a LM to a place where she can find korean people inworld

a new guy came to the helpy sign area on korea3. he click the spinning green hand. <click click click> like the lady. nothing happened. it dont work either. i IM him but he not respond. he just poof. maybe he went soemwhere else. maybe he logged out. is 50/50 on that one

if linden not going to fix the helpy things that dont help then i think they should just delete them. would make it easier for people. help that doesnt help is worse i think than no help at all

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

I think the Linden strategy now is akin to tossing up 10K ants towards the ceiling in a small room.  A few of them might just land in the cup of water on the floor and learn to swim.

It's like procreation. You have hundreds of little swimmers fighting their way through to be the ONLY viable one. Many poor little Noobies die off in a hostile environment while one survies to become a full-blown Resident.

bj.jpg

Tracy Redangel wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

I think the Linden strategy now is akin to tossing up 10K ants towards the ceiling in a small room.  A few of them might just land in the cup of water on the floor and learn to swim.

It's like procreation. You have hundreds of little swimmers fighting their way through to be the ONLY viable one. Many poor little Noobies die off in a hostile environment while one survives to become a full-blown Resident.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4407 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.