Head's Up - Email Confirmations not coming through to email (re-opening JIRA 4138)

Arwen Serpente

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi fellow Merchants,

I'm on DD now. Like many Merchants, I keep all the email confirmations of transactions.  Last year, there was a period of time when the email confirmations were not making it to email consistently.  The problem seemed to stop.

As of today, it's started again. I have 2 orders, both on DD, both with only my items in the cart, delivered/paid for/recorded on Dashboard and in the MP transactions, however, the email confirmation has not made it through.

I am reopening this JIRA:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4138

Please watch your transactions and your emails to see if this affects you as well. If it does, please add your comments to the JIRA (and set it to "Watch").

Thanks!

Peony, check to see if it was a mixed cart (meaning a combo of your items and another Merchant's items). If it was mixed, then the email confirmation doesn't arrive until everything in the cart is delivered (I've had that happen on multiple occasions). It's very possible this glitch is affecting mixed carts now, or that it is turning into a long delay. Hard to know since it has just started to happen again. In this case, only my items were in the cart and all successfully delivered, but no email confirmation. That was the same situation back in September 2011.

It's not just DD - MB is affected, too.  I received MB notifications of sales today, but nothing from MP.  I checked the transaction log on MP and they were there and shown as delivered.

Someone posted on another thread about the instability of the code base and I agree wholeheartedly. It's not just MP, SL in-world, their website and forums are glitchy.  Most times if I'm signed into the SL website, I don't have to sign in here, but sometimes and it's sporadic - it requires authentication. This happened today.  The 180.05 rotation has popped back up and prim alignments - setting things by the numbers works most times.  Most being the operative word since it is once again possible to have 2 prims with identical rotations and aligned by the numbers on the axis appear out of alignment.  In world prims suddenly disappear from view and the only way to resolve that is with a relog.  There are so many defects that the list appears endless.

LL has a long standing history of continually introducing new features without ensuring the stability of base functionality.  So why would MP / DD be any different?  I'd suggest a moratorium on all new features and ask them to clean up their code, but we (the residents) have been asking them to do this for forever and a day to no avail.  After a while, you just become numb.

That's my two cents (L$5)

Ilyra Chardin wrote:

It's not just DD - MB is affected, too.  I received MB notifications of sales today, but nothing from MP.  I checked the transaction log on MP and they were there and shown as delivered.

You're right, it's email confirmations for either method of delivery. I include the method I'm on now because it is so often asked "which way are you delivering your products?".

Yesterday, I had 6 without email confirmations.

Probably the best way to help CTL get to the bottom of what suddenly went wrong is to list the order numbers in the JIRA. When this happened last September, they were able to fix it. It seems that something was changed very recently since this has started again (within the last week if not day).

I agree it's getting worse. Today virtually everything is failing to make it to email. I just keep posting the order numbers. I hope others will pop in there and add their comments and/or order numbers.  The more info the Devs have, the faster they can fix it.

They acknowledged the JIRA being reopened and it is assigned to CTL (which is better than "unassigned").  When this happened back in September, it took about 3 weeks to fix.  It started right after changes that were made in September (a deploy that had a few side effects).  I just don't understand why it has started to happen again, unless there were some kind of code changes in the past week that were never announced.

Arwen, just wanted to confirm, I have been seeing the same thing as you. DD, products get sold, are registered in Transactions/Orders but don't generate an email message sometimes.  Seems to happen at random.

If I was a Linden tech, I'd sigh tiredly and say "just check your Spam folder...bet it's there..."   but this definitely has nothing to do with that, it's some kind of intermittent problem on the sending side from Marketplace.

Peony Sweetwater wrote:

A few weeks ago I thought this happened to me...then the email arrived a full week after the transaction had gone through...

I had this happen too sometime recently! It was with two or three email confirms & i noticed they were severely backdated. I forget how long exactly mine was delayed but I think it was more than a month. I guess its nice LL finally manages to complete & pay out some of these ridiculously messed-up transactions?

• 4 weeks later...

Between approximately June 8 and June 30, the confirmation emails started to come through on a regular basis. Thought the problem was solved.

As of today, July 1, they have stopped again.

Successful deliveries, recorded on both MP Transactions History and Dashboard, but no email confirmation. Today, I've got 3 in the just the past hour or so:

Order #1298970520
Order #1298967175
Order #1298971890

So, Fellow Merchants, be on the lookout for your email confirmations. If the fail to show up, go to:

https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/WEB-4138

to post your order numbers and comments (remember to set it to "Watch"), so that CTL and the developers have the information.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4325 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.