Freeze MP and fix it

Vick Forcella

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4366 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Vick Forcella wrote:

99/100 customers won't notice the problems. 100/100 Merchants are very worried.

I saw some commentary on the SL Merchants in world group earlier.  Someone said they had heard that some merchants were not getting their money after a product was sold and was that true.  I said yes.  A few other comments were made re: MP (people who obviously don't read the Merchant Forums)...then one person said (paraphrased) -

The MP problems are only affecting a few merchants.  I migrated to DD and haven't had any problems at all.  My items are selling, nothing is wrong with the MP.

A few people responded...Oh...ok.

/facepalms

The person who made the MP statement was almost quoting verbatim the LL statement in the jira re: the issues affecting a "small number" of merchants.  I tried to explain about the 14xxxx items which seemed to be connected to the previous migration and some of the other issues besides the money one.  No one seemed to be listening (or at least not responding) and I could sense an "If that guy said it's just a few merchants affected, then he must be right" attitude.

Shows that many merchants aren't aware of the magnitude of the MP problems.  Each week a few more merchants either post here or add to the jira about mixed listings, so people are becoming aware of the issues once it hits their store.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

...then one person said (paraphrased) -

The MP problems are only affecting a few merchants.  I migrated to DD and haven't had any problems at all.  My items are selling, nothing is with the MP.

If you count the posters on the forums and even add up every watcher of the top showstopper JIRA's, it's still only a few merchants out of all of the merchants.

I agree some won't be aware of it, some of the problems are self inflicted by not following the processes properly, not all of course but some are.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Czari Zenovka wrote:

...then one person said (paraphrased) -

The MP problems are only affecting a few merchants.  I migrated to DD and haven't had any problems at all.  My items are selling, nothing is with the MP.

If you count the posters on the forums and even add up every watcher of the top showstopper JIRA's, it's still only a few merchants out of all of the merchants.

I agree some won't be aware of it, some of the problems are self inflicted by not following the processes properly, not all of course but some are.

I agree, Sassy.  I haven't been active in the forums (until a few months ago) since the previous forums were discontinued and replaced with this version.  (Long story, but I'm sure you recall the frustration/anger among some of the then-very regular posters, many of whom have since gone to third-party SL forums.)

Anyway, the forums were always my main source of excellent information, especially the "Resident Answers" forum (that was removed).  I was always amazed when I mentioned something about the forums in world and would invaribly get, "SL has forums???"

In the conversation above, I finally said, "Go check out the SL Merchant Forums" and closed out the chat.  Maybe a few will come here. ;)

(Edited my previous post to properly read - "....nothing is wrong with the MP."  Case of typing not being able to keep up with my thoughts...lol.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4366 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.