Voice questions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

pixlie wrote:

I was wondering a couple things about the voice option in SL.
  1. Is there a way to leave a voice IM for someone who is not online?
  2. Also was wondering one person could voice and the other one text talk? 

Thanks!

1. No.
  2. Yes.

You're welcome.

Qwalyphi Korpov wrote
[...]

#1 - Second Life doesn't provide a voice mail type facility for offline messages.

Nope.  I was a surprise to me too --- well, not really, because I have never used Voice in SL, but still ..... We do have voicemail.  If you have your IMs set to be forwarded to e-mail when you are not in world, a voice message is apparently delivered as a sound file attachment.  We had a question about this just a couple of weeks ago in Answers.  I responded the same way you did and was corrected >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/Every-time-someone-voice-calls-me-it-goes-straight-to-voicemail/qaq-p/1492977/comment-id/22040#M22040  (See the Permalinks).  More than this, I do not know. 

I don't, and wouldn't, pay for SL voicemail. I wasn't offline, either. As I stated in the post that Rolig linked to, I was having some trouble using voice with a person that was standing next to me and I received a sound file in my Inbox.

Now, it does say that "for an introductory period, Second Life is offering voicemail for free" and when I click on that link it shows as enabled (with an e-mail address that I no longer use for SL :smileyfrustrated:, but that is in fact the address it went to). I wonder how long "an introductory period" is...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4359 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.