Need a Linkset Prim Resizer Recommendation

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am looking for a FP prim resizer for linked primsets. I do have one and am trying to script it to work the way I want it to but figured if someone already did it then I will just purchase it instead:)

PARAMETERS:

What I am looking for is a menu driven resizer with script deleting capabilities, in other words it deletes ALL the scripts out when the user chooses to remove them from the prims via the drop down menu. It needs to work for linked prims (can be combinations of prims, sculpts and in future mesh possibly) I will be using it for skirts, belts, shoes and other items I use in making my clothing. I would like it to resize the whole object but also would like to allow the user to resize one prim on the object at a time by touching it so they can get a more customized fit.

That being said, does anyone have any recommendation on a resizer that does everything I stated above please let me know. I am looking for FP so I can tweak the script as I like it for my clothing. Thanks in advance!

Tayla

I do like Dora's resizer.  It's straightforward and easy to modify if you need to.  For out-of-the-box flexibility, I also like Void Singer's >>> http://community.secondlife.com/t5/LSL-Library/v7-D-Zen-Resizer-lite-Builders-Package/td-p/711557.  I have not used the one by Indeterminate Schism, which offers the ability to resize along selected axes, but it looks impressive too.  FWIW, though, all resizers -- even Indeterminate's -- have a basic limitation:  They allow you to change size but not shape. I applaud you for looking for one that does, but AFAIK, it doesn't exist.  Such a script would have to be customized to each item it was put in, I'm afraid, so it would probably be impractical to write. You have the right concern, however.  Resizers are typically used in prim clothing, where it can be just as important to adjust a skirt to fit over a big butt as it is to change the waist size or hem length. A script that changes everything proportionately doesn't do justice to women's figures.  For that reason, you'll find loud voices in many forum threads (for example, see http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Fashion/Resizer-scripts-in-clothing-attachments/m-p/1359237#M5235 ) saying that they prefer doing away with resizers and giving  customers permission to modify their clothing instead.  Personally, I agree, so I do not buy (or sell) clothing with a resizer in it.

Having said all of that, of course, Dora is quite right..... This forum is a place for scripters to share ideas and ask probing questions about how to write scripts.  If you are looking for a script written by somone else, look in the Wanted forum or the Inworld Employment forum. 

Who says your not allowed, you have always shown your scripts as examples, I don't mind, I would only let old ones of mine that were no longer any use to me as I have in the library, I think you should promote your scripts, wow some here use any excuse to promote those void ones so you should to.

Dora, I must rush to agree with Her Radiance.  Promoting free open-source library routines is very different to advertising goods for sale or soliciting for commissions.  Along with our shining example you other regular contributors deserve all recognition and praise.

@ OP: I'm a bit worried by "in other words it deletes ALL the scripts" - any decent resizer is only a single script, however large the linkset.  Don't even consider the old, script-per-prim, monsters.  You can't get better than none at all though as Rolig said so I'd recommend considering very carefully why you want to make things hard for your customers by using a resizer script at all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4370 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.