Sick of annoying griefers

LuciaRiley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

All I can do is block their objects and them.. they keep sending out more and more objects. One sent me flying and now I cannot stop it. I'm going to relog and avoid that sandbox. It was the eTek Sandbox. I also cannot file an AR on them, because it does nothing.

2 answers to this question

You CAN file an AR on them.  LL investigates all abuse reports.  It may seem as if nothing is ever done, but if enough people AR them enough times, one fine day they will find themselves banned from SL.  It does work, it's just that it is hard to see the process.

If you Block and Mute, that solves 90% of the problems.  If you sit on a prim, physical objects cannot send you flying.  Some viewers also have a Phantom mode, CTRL+ALT+P, that gives the same protection as sitting.

If you do your public sandbox building on a sky platform high up, you will be a little harder to find and harrass.

If you join a semi-private sandbox group, you can avoid a lot of griefers.  Caledon Oxbridge University maintains a sandbox for the use of its group members.

• Like 3

You have the right idea.  There are a zillion sandboxes in SL, so there's no reason to hang around one where you're getting grief.  AR's do make a difference, but a lot of griefers just come back as alts when they get banned.  They tend to hang around the same popular places, though, and avoid the out-of-the-way ones.  I guess it's not much fun to be a griefer if there's nobody around to hassle.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4396 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.