Connection Issues after Move, New PC & ISP

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I just moved from the state of Nevada to Minnesota a few days ago. During this move i also purchased a brand new computer (the $1,299.00 computer) and new internet service called Comcast (with a D-Link modem). Loading my inventory seems to be the longest thing ever, I always disconnect during teleporting and my friends list sometimes shows up blank with people online and offline. I've done everything i could that i knew from Porting the (wired) modem to disabling all firewalls on the computer. I've done Character test > test male and my avatar WONT reset. Loading everything around me seems to be taking FOR-EV-ER!! Oh! I keep loading my inventory and everytime i load i keep creating Bridges on the Firestorm viewer. My old laptop (which dont have anymore) Seems to have run SL PERFECTLY compared to this.

Now, What can i do to fix the connectvity issue with second life? Because technollgy i'm on a "entirly new" everything, i was wondering has anyone came across issues like these and how did they fix it? Is it Comcast and i gotta call? What can i do, what you haven't seen on this post? I'm pretty good with computers and everything but i'm a little puzzled i'f i'im missing anything Q.Q
-

To be honest i'm a little upset/angery that this isn't working out Q.Q
Things i've tired:
http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Using-Second-Life-with-a-firewall/ta-p/1304539
Power Synced the Router
Character Test > Test Mail (fails)
Disabled ALL Firewalls.
Updated ALL Drivers
DMZ'd the computer that runs SL
Speedtest.net (results here
Can You Run It? (results here

--
Edit reason: Subject changed 

what comcast internet package do you have?

from looking at the laptop specs you should be able to run sl fine.

one thing you can try is to adjust the network settings within the viewer, in preferences. sometimes if it is set too high the incoming data can overwhelm your internet connection. try setting it at 500mb and see how it behaves. if it improves you can then bump it up until you find the right setting for you.

There's no reason your computer should not run SL fairly decently.  Only two things I can think of is that Comcast has been known to throttle high band width programs (and SL is a very high band width program).  I'm not sure they do that anymore but they were very bad about throttling bandwidth a year or so ago.   And the D-Link modem.......I had one and it was junk.  If you are leasing the modem from Comcast ask if they have another brand (Linksys/Cisco are very good).  If they don't use another brand, you can purchase your own for under $100 and turn the D-Link back in to Comcast.

I'd call them and ask point blank if they throttle high band width users.  Explain to them that SL is not a peer to peer file sharing program.

i had a D-link, and it was usless, couldnt even leave the room it was in without losing signal. so i got a netgear and have been laughting ever since, although, sl seems to run slower on laptops because of the graphics cards. i run sl on my pc as i put a huge graphics card in it and i can run on high graphics settings without any problems. althout with an i7 you really shouldn't have any problems, so the only thing is your connect or your router. you can test you internet speed, there are websites the will test it for you, because the further away from your exchage you are the slower you cconnection will be, so test you internet connection FIRST, and if that comes out ok, then change your modem. But i would be changing the modem just from experience anyway. But you can test you connection now online for free. good luck......and :)

Get Verizon FIOS (at least 35/35) and use a wired LAN connection. Have the Verizon tech disable wireless on the router. Make sure you run the FIOS optimizer.

Any further issues will be related to your computer which, btw, how much you pay has no bearing on it's mobo architecture and video capability.

I see you're running Firestorm. I had similar issues after buying a new laptop a couple of months ago - far better specs than my old machine, and yet everything ran really slowly and my frame rate was awful. In the end, I found that the only viewer that ran without issues was Viewer 3. I have no idea why this might be - but I can run V3 on ultra graphics fairly happily (random crashes from time to time). Other viewers still crawl. Just throwing my experience out there in case it helps - it might not work for you, since I am clueless as to why it works for me!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4533 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.