Im having a problem texturing my Avi, the textures I want to use are no transfer!!

noabluecat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

yeah, so I figured out that textures that have no transfer don't appear in the edit menu, but that's OK right? I can still drag the texture into the texture box or directly on the object or part of my Avi I want, right? Well. The problem is that it wont do it!! When I try the no sign or prohibited sign (that circle with a diagonal line across it) apears and it wont do anything!!, I tried opening the texture from my Inv and draging the image over, but the same thing happen, and then I tried to aply it directly over the part, but same result.

How can I mod my Avi when I cant use the textures at all? can some one please help me?

and in case you wonder, Yes, I bought the textures from the same place I bought my avi.

10 answers to this question

If you can't select textures by clicking the texture thumbnail and browse for a texture, I'm pretty sure you can't drag-and-drop it either.

I could be wrong, but I don't think you can use no transfer textures like you want to. I might be wrong - the rights on textures have always confused me...

@Emmet. I think Noa means adding textures to either a skin wearable or a clothing wearable. Not directly to the avi.

- Luc -

When an item has no-transfer perms, it means that you cannot give or sell it to someone else.  That's all.  You can use it as much as you like.  The problem you're having is pretty common, and it has nothing to do with permissions.  Your sim is just acting up a bit.  Some days are like that. You have two choices: (1) Drag/drop the textures more slowly.  Click on the texture in your inventory and hold onto it for a few seconds before you drag it to the texture picker box in Appearance.  That will give the servers time to realize what you are doing. (2) Do your work on another sim temporarily.

You can't drag and drop textures on to an attachment that is worn, or to clothing or skin layers by dragging on to an avatar.  For an attachment you can select the object and change textures using the edit window, or rez it on the ground and then drag a texture on to it, for clothing and skin see the link, but for any of this to work the object or layer your trying to texture must be modifiable.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Clothing_Tutorials

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4412 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.