Wanted! Scripts/Scripter for surfboard

Lyriqz Xue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am looking to hire a Scripter or buy scripts for a surfboard

---  Board needs to be able to paddle (movement outside of wave) 

--- Intereact with object push  (Like hitting a wave will cause it to go from paddle to surf)

--- Needs to have a idle feature (when the person is on the board and not moving  he just sits on the board vs paddling)

Pretty much a set of scripts that controls movements one way then on interaction with a pushable object  the same funtions work different controls    i.e :  outside the wave pushing page down will cause you to dive under water about 5 ft. But when riding inside the wave it will cause a animation or trick

I Know this is probably a little mind twisting to understand,  But I am looking for either the scripts or a scripter to hire to make a surfboard that works as good as all the ones in world now.  

Please send me an IM in world with price   

Thank you Lyriqz Xue

-

Emmett was talking about this not long ago and found all the stuff without ever explaining it.

Your big problem is there is no such thing as "a wave" in SL.  Unless you can define exactly what that is, how a script can identify when its object is in/on one, etc. then no-one knows where to start.  The rest is very simple.

The surfboard it self will be set to physical, A wave is not really nothing more then a object pushing across the water.  I just mainly need to board to react to that push effect with animation/control effects.

PeterCanessa Oh wrote:

Emmett was talking about this not long ago and found all the stuff without ever explaining it.

Your big problem is there is no such thing as "a wave" in SL.  Unless you can define exactly what that is, how a script can identify when its object is in/on one, etc. then no-one knows where to start.  The rest is very simple.

as said i have searched and really found nothing althought i sucks at explaining things. :P

i do have a no modify wipeout surf script and another one that i have no clue what it does but i do make custom boards textured and scripted to work. although i have to work some kinks out.

kinda yes kinda no. still want a better one but too broke to afford a good board to take apart and use that script lol. buisness isnt easy these days. that is for sure. but it .w/e sometimes i step away from a project to cool off from my aggravation at it. it has happened 3 times with the boards.

Sassy Romano wrote:

emmettcullen93 wrote:

still want a better one but too broke to afford a good board to take apart and use that script lol.

Highly unlikely that you'd be able to anyway since it would almost certainly be no transfer.

Yes i found that sentence very worrying.

Ela Talaj wrote:

A wave is not really nothing more then a object pushing across the water.

Where is this object supposed to come from and what water are you talking about
?
Is it Linden water?

Normally it's a physical prim (with sculpted surf wave appearance) that moves towards the beach slowly and then snaps back to the starting point. 

The surfer can catch the wave and ride it.  Since it's really just pushing the avatar with a surfboard attachment, the surfboard scripting needs to handle animations and tricks and that's about it as far as I can see.

• 3 years later...

Ela, to be honest, I am quite surprised that there are people that don"t know what surfing is.  I's a global sport that's been around for a VERY long time.  A simple "boat script" will simply NOT suffice and perhaps before sugesting such a thing, well, I have two words for who ever that was, ...GOOGLE IT.  ...No offence.  A SL wave does the same things to a SL surfboard that RL waves do.  And the surfer, in SL's Case the avitar,  does a LOT more that just stand on it.

Your discription was dead on though.  Thank you.

I myself am seeking a suitable board script to run the boards I'm making.  UNtil I find scripting with all toe proper mechanics, they really ARE just "sticks".

HAS ANYONE FOUND ANY SCRIPTS TO RUN SL SURFBOARDS??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3184 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.