I have tried logging in 15 times now....sometimes it logs me in but i'm logged out instantly

BlazedLucidity

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i have thhe usual vieweer screen but it says i have been logged out as if i had been on and crashed what is the deal should i reload sl???? USING firestorm viewer......this is by the way the best description of the situation without giving screenshots to show you i am not an idiot.....i will thank you in advance for not responding as if i am ......for some reason people who volunteer to help in these forums are rather rude i have noticed ......my system has nothing to do with it i use the same system for other like programs and have no issues and if you havent noticed SL has been fixing many issues lately I DO READ POSED UPDATES before posting a sensless question to waste others time and would appreciate not being talked down to 

11 answers to this question

When you have a technical problem, it's always wise to at least say something about what computer you are using, which operating system it has, and what graphics card.  It would be helpful to know what viewer you are using.  If you have been logged out then you didn't crash,so it would be good to know exactly what error messages you are getting (not just "it says I have been logged out.")  Anything would be helpful.  Click on the Options link in the upper right corner of your question and select EDIT. Please do NOT start a new thread.

• Like 2

The message telling you that you've been logged out is not a message that you should interpet as a crash.  It's a message telling you that your network quit communicating with the servers.  Look there :  Your router, modem, network interface, ISP, your connection.    That message is not indicating that you crashed.  It's telling you that you lost the connection to the LL servers.

• Like 2

well given the only message i get is " you have been logged out " what else can i say ... I have not had issues with my graphics card nor with my os I ues firestorm viewer and have noticed i am not the only person having issues logging in this week many people have had the same issue therefor i did not feel my system has anything to do with the issue and given they have been doing work on the sl site lately i was expecting an answer in that respect rather than being told i dont know how to ask a question..............WHY is it people who have been on sl are so smug to those of us who are new when we ask a simple question did you forget what it is like to be new?????

[off topic]

BlazedLucidity wrote:

this is by the way the best description of the situation without giving screenshots to show you i am not an idiot.....i will thank you in advance for not responding as if i am ......for some reason people who volunteer to help in these forums are rather rude i have noticed ......

(also I have seen your comments to Roling and Peggy answers)

My comment: :smileyfrustrated:

[end off topic]

edited to change "Roling" by "Rolig", sorry ;)

The reason your computer specifications are asked for is recent events and upgrades with servers can cause distress on certain models of graphics cards or processors.

For example an update a couple of years ago caused shadows to not render on Macs.

It's the basic people ask for as we can get an idea of what environment you are working with.
Your system can run other programs clearly but Second Life isn't a simple program as normal programs have all files hosted on your computer, Second Life has a viewer which is hosted on your computer but the virtual simulation isn't, it's all online streamed to you via the viewer, you have cache files but they are just for faster loading they aren't the actual data needed to load the world around you.

Now from personal experience I've had issues like this before best thing to do is double check your connection, go on speedtest.net and see how fast your connection is. Do you have a wired connection if so then this shouldn't be an issue if it's WiFi sometime there are other programs on your computer using the bandwidth limited to a wireless connection. Shut down any Instant Messagers, Email Programs, VoIP Services (Skype) or an Peer 2 Peer software like uTorrent.

You may have your bandwidth set to high in your prefrences restore the settings to default. It sounds like a connection between you and the simulator is established but when it trys to load everything to you it cannot hold the connection.

Best of Luck to You.

We ask for information about an OP's computer and Internet connection when questions like yours arise bcause that's where the source of the problem lies in nine out of ten cases. Some people naturally assume that because they have no trouble playing WoW or browsing the web, they must have a perfect computer.  SL places many more demands on your graphics card than on-line games do and it expects a continuous flow of data between your computer and its servers.  As a result, it is much more vulnerable to packet loss and bandwidth leakage, and to transient problems in your router. We also are aware that some brands of routers have chronic problems with SL's environment, and that wireless systems are particularly flaky.   Asking for information about your system is therefore our best way to find a solution.

I asked a simple set of polite questions in order to help you find a solution, as I have done with hundreds of other people here and in world for many years, and as I did with college freshmen for a lifetime. Smugness is not in my style. I do hope that you find an answer to your problem. It must be frustrating and I sympathize.

What are those "other similar sites"? The only other similar sites (sites is not the proper word.......try 3D platform) would be one of the Second Life clones on the Open Sim project. And, if you are having connection issues in SL, chances are very good you'll have those same issues with any of the Open Sims grids........probably much worse in nature.

Online games like WoW, Everquest, Call to Duty are nothing like Second Life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4541 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.