Moving items from Recent tab to the All inventory

Phil Deakins

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

With the V1 it was possible, and extremely useful, to drag an item from the Recent Items inventory listing to the actual All Items tab itself, when the All Items inventory would open. It made it much easier to drag new items into the correct folders than dragging them from a folder in All Items to another folder in All Items.

I'm using the current LL V3, and dragging from Recent to All isn't possible. I didn't use the horrible V2 so I don't know if it went missing in that viewer. Is this an oversight or intentional? Either way, it's a change for the worse.

Maybe someone thought it wasn't really necessary, which it isn't if we only consider necessities and not what's usefulness, but it was very useful. I suppose we should be thankful that we can still open a new inventory window and do it that way, but it's not as convenient or as quick as the real thing was.

I wouldn't be using LL's V3 at all if it wasn't for the fact that I can no longer open scripts and notecards with Phoenix - not even my own creations. I'm writing a system (scripts and notecards) so I need to be able to open them. When I'm not doing that, I still use Phoenix. If they'd make the camera controls a decent size, so that they use very little of the screen (like the V1) I could stay with the V3 because it's quite good. There's no reason to waste so much space in the cam controls floater.

LL removed the DND function between inventory tabs because users could get confused, especially if new folders are created at the recent tab and don't show up in the list because they are still empty. If you need that feature, you should use a different viewer as advised by others already.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4388 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.