help needed

QueenCal

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

im in ireland and use a pre paid visa card which i top up wen needed,i have tried to use on here to get premium but it will not accept my card for some reason ,i have a freind in uk they use a similar card and it works  ok ,can u pls help me as it is stressing me out lol

thank you

hugs 

Here are the accepted payment methods, Queen. You may want to contact the billing support.

Accepted currencies and payment methods

You may use the following payment methods with Second Life:

• Visa
  • American Express
  • MasterCard
  • Delta Online
  • JCB
  • Discover (U.S. Residents only)
  • Visa Electron (non-U.S. Residents only)
  • PayPal

https://support.secondlife.com/billing-support/

Email: support@payments.secondlife.com

A company can make a subscription charge to your card, this is where you are intending to use the card for regular payment, pre pay cards reject this type of transaction, because there may not be money there to pay the bill the next time it comes in.

I have come across this problem with Virgin Media who do this as a matter of course even when you are calling to pay a single bill.

Pre pay cards can be very revealing, you start to see all the little tricks companies play with your money while you are not looking. I had a payment rejected at the supermarket the other day, they ran the card through again and it worked, but they took both payments off thecard for a few days until the first was refunded. A friend of mine used his pre pay card in a hotel and the third day he was there reception called him because there was a problem with his card (they swiped it when he checked in), he said but I havent used my card, they replied  - "oh we charge €30 a day to it in case you use the minibar"

Heya, 

I'm Irish too, and use a prepaid card. What one are you using? O2, or 3V? (They're the only ones I know are available here).

My advice, and this is what I do myself, is to set up a paypal account, and connect the card into that, then set up paypal as your billing method..it incurs an extra charge, but it also means you can connect your prepaid card to SL (albeit in a convoluted manner).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4395 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.