Some Names of my Sets have now all the same names????

Caren Jewell

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

what a horror. In my Shop at MP are 5-6 different Chair Sets .. with Basket, for relax or for garden or other like this.

From today they have all the same name now: "

CJ Summertime Garden Chair + Table-Set Red

All have this name now. And this is not the name of the Folder and my Sets. What can this be???

Has anyone the same Problem?

Caren Jewell

The Sets are old and long time in my Shop with other names. I have a Set with this Name "CJ Summertime Garden Chair + Table-Set Red" .. yes. But only one and the other 4-5 old Sets had all the time another name and I chance nothing the last time. No Button click, no reset .. nothing.

And I don't know how I can change it back to their old correct names. :-(

Done! Thank you for the Info but it doesn't help. The Item-Name in List is correct but the Listing-Name is wrong.

I was then in edit and there is all correct. I save all and go back in my List. All the same old wrong names.

The Listing-Names are wrong and now again "CJ Summertime Garden Chair + Table-Set Red"

Never see this Problem before. All was ok till today. And I have nothing change the last 4-5 Weeks. I stop a bit with working and uploading for my Shop.

But thank you for your help .. I be happy for every answer and Info

Hello again, Caren!

Earlier, you were talking about using "Quick Fill" on your listings.  When you use the quick fill option, the "Item Title" is automatically changed to the item you selected to quick fill from and you have to manually change the Item Title back to what it should be.

Go into Edit on one of the listings that is named wrong.  Look at the "Item Title" line.  I'm willing to bet that line is wrong.  You will have to retype the name in that line for it to appear correctly in your store. 

Let me know if that's the case!

Marcus Hancroft wrote:

Earlier, you were talking about using "Quick Fill" on your listings.  When you use the quick fill option, the "Item Title" is automatically changed to the item you selected to quick fill from and you have to manually change the Item Title back to what it should be.

I've never used quick fill. Do you mean, if I want to change my shop location and I use quick fill to do that, all my items will be named the same? That can't be, I'm missing something. I thought it would only change the fields you alter.

Good morning, Paladin

No, we're not talking about the bulk edit option.  We're talking about using the "Quick Fill" when you are creating a new listing. 

You are correct in that...when you use the bulk edit to change store location, etc. only that field is changed in the listings you've selected.

When you create a brand new listing and the edit window comes up, there is a "Quick Fill" button that will allow you to use the fields from a different listing to populate all the fields of your NEW listing so you don't have to type everything out again.  It's this that changes the Item Title.  I use it quite often, actually.  Especially when I am adding new textures.  It saves me a LOT of time creating new texture listings.  I just quick fill all the fields from one of my other texture sets and then just change the item title back. 

Check if you put something on the language tab titles while editing your listings. Where it says " English Japanese German French Portuguese"...

I always "quick fill" then forget to change these and they pull whatever I added on my previous listings ... when I switch marketplace to my own language I get many listings with the same titles 'cause I forgot to update them on the language tabs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4430 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.