is there a way to deal with griefers on mainland other than submitting an ar

Dak Deed

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have tried submitting an ar for the last 6 months but lets face it that dept must not exist anymore... If you contact live help or call they robot tell you to file and ar and hang up or click close on you. What avenues do we have other than fileing a ar that never gets answered???

Well in a nut shell...  he has 500 particle effect spammers on the sim i own land.. lagging it out badly...  As well as gift givers that spam. He is off sim pushing them onsim.. and he can avoid the no push items onto your land setting.. he is also spamming voice Nazi rhetoric form the boxes.... Was told by live help could take 2 weeks to get help with an ar.. I have had an active ar for 6 months... on the same griefer... he keeps making alts.. same first name different last name

If you own the land, restrict entry to avatars under a certain number of days old to deter alts of previously banned avatars and continue with the AR submissions, keeping the details brief and factual,  attaching screenshots (ticking the box on the AR form) of the item(s) griefing each time. If you feel it is the same person doing the same griefing do name names on the AR form. Stress also you believe the sim performance is being affected by the griefing object(s).

Live Chat are unlikely to help you with griefer attacks, as you've discovered. They're there to deal with technical issues, such as stuck presences, and requests for sim restarts. 

Edited to add:

Do not feed the griefer in any way at all - do not be tempted to tell them you are submitting ARs on them, it sounds like they are feeding off the attention they are getting to be spending all this time on returning and repeatedly griefing your location.  

the simplest anti-greifing object parcel defence is:

Build: off

Scripts: off

Object Entry: on

Autoreturn: 1

some people turn Object Entry: off. dont do that all by itself. turn Object Entry on. so that the objects will enter and then get autoreturned to owner

Object Entry acts like a wall otherwise when stuff is shot into the parcel from outside. stuff piles up on your boundary and you cant do anything about them

+

ok. can make a defensive wall that works against outside shooters and also stops you getting hit by fast temp-rez replicators

a) cut a 4m wide strip round the outside of your parcel. so when show parcel boundary lines then your land looks like a box within a box

b) on the outer strip - Build: off. Object Entry: On. Autoreturn: 1. Scripts: Off

c) on the inner box - Object Entry: Off ( the others as you like)

when stuff is shot at your parcel from outside it enters the outer strip and then is stopped by the inner box. bc is stuck over the outer strip then Autoreturn will remove it

This is all very good advice.  In the OP's case, there are also particles to deal with (and other stuff, apparently), so it will require some Support intervention.

I'd try Live Chat again, even though it doesn't have a great reputation for things like this.  It is actually something they're supposed to handle--if not directly, at least by escalating the AR to make sure it gets attention.

If Live Chat does not help, the OP appears to be a land owner, so should be able to file a Support case, which is more likely than anything else to get some sort of result.  I, too, have had trouble getting them to do anything about particle encroachment, but it sounds as if there's enough trouble here that they'd respond.

(I wonder: is Live Chat handled by a different outsourcing group than non-Linden Support cases?  It really should be; it would help if there were some checks and balances in that loop, such that they won't conspire to just close cases to make their numbers look good.  FWIW, I've gotten excellent support from Land-related cases, handled directly by Lindens.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4398 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.