Stuff stolen off of my land? Help

KathrynSinclaire

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

From the land settings you have described, I do not suspect that your friend is responsible.

Those land settings will not allow the events you've described to occur.

Check how many objects are on your land, look on your Mini-map for any blue prims that might be on the edges of your property, or on your neighbors property.

Ask your friend.

Double check your Inventory, Lost and Found, trash folder, ask your friend to check their lost and found.

hmm

Edit: see how many prims are on the land, confirm the objects are missing.

Try clearing your cache if the objects are not on the land as shown in the About Land Page.

• Like 1

unless you gave the 'friend' permission to edit your objects or deeded the items to a group you are both in it should not be possible for them to take stuff from the permissions you say you gave. if the objects were placed down just before this weeks region restarts the state of the sim might have reverted to an older save instead of how it was right before the restart. there was a problem with this last week it might have carried over 

• Like 1

None of these options would enable the person do return/delete any of your items. What you allowed them to do is exactly what is stated in the window. They can rezz things, but they cannot meddle with anyone else's objects.

I am quite stumped as to why your items are gone, you never did get a pop up message that your items were returned? The estate owner you are renting with would have to power to send items back.

What you can try is to clear your cache inside your viewer, and if that doesn't work clear your cache outside the viewer:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Technical/How-do-I-clear-my-Secondlife-cache-in-my-computer/qaq-p/1266129/comment-id/16895

To clarify, the DJ person would have to be added to your friends list and given express permission to edit YOUR items. And even then all he/she could do is return these items, making them show in your lost and found folder. No one can delete your items so they gotta be somewhere.

• Like 1

I rent land on a private island and one day I found many objects missing from my lot and many neighbors' lots. The sim was fairly full to begin with and a new neighbor was rezzing a large house. When I asked him if anything strange happened he said he found four copies of his house in the same place. I'm guessing that he may have "elevator buttoned" the rezz box when it wasn't rezzing immediately and when everything finally rezzed it so flooded the sim with objects that a number of other people's objects disappeared. The sim had to be rolled back for everyone to get their stuff again. Something similar may have happened to you. If its a private region the sim can be rolled back to an earlier state but any changes you made since the backup the sim rolls back to will be lost.

• Like 1

Start by review all the steps shown at the Inventory Loss link:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_loss

After you have tried all the practicable steps for your problem, contact Support to Submit a Ticket.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-contact-customer-support/ta-p/739385#Section_.1

In the Ticket, detail every recovery step you have attempted, then each item missing (if possible).

Then request for a review of your folders.

Then hurry up and wait.

(you might need to be premium to file that type of ticket) I don't contact support that often.

As mentioned the Region might just need to be restarted... idk

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.