Mesh Crash Problem.

Marlly1488313518

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently purchased a mesh bed. And whenever i try to right click it my program seems to crash. Now this isn't the first time this has happened. This has happened almost everytime i wore a mesh piece of clothing. Or try to edit it. I have the updated version of firestorm 4.01, Exodus viewer. I have tried almost EVERY viewer with mesh compatible and every single time the program just closes after i right click on mesh. My best friend who uses 4.01 can edit the mesh, turn it etc. My boyfriend who is using 3.3 can right click and sit with no problems at all. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm starting to wonder if it is my computer? I have a fairly decent computer. (If you need specs i will provide) This problem didn't bother me before. But now that i have it as furni, it's starting to get on my nerves with the program just closing randomly... Anyone able to help me out?

Marlly wrote:

I recently purchased a mesh bed. And whenever i try to right click it my program seems to crash. Now this isn't the first time this has happened. This has happened almost everytime i wore a mesh piece of clothing. Or try to edit it. I have the updated version of firestorm 4.01, Exodus viewer. I have tried almost EVERY viewer with mesh compatible and every single time the program just closes after i right click on mesh. My best friend who uses 4.01 can edit the mesh, turn it etc. My boyfriend who is using 3.3 can right click and sit with no problems at all. Is anyone else having this problem? I'm starting to wonder if it is my computer? I have a fairly decent computer. (If you need specs i will provide) This problem didn't bother me before. But now that i have it as furni, it's starting to get on my nerves with the program just closing randomly... Anyone able to help me out?

I am interested in a possible solution, because I have the same and I only use V3.

Recently I dropped a mesh handbag on my own land and had to ask a friend with edit-rights to drag it off my land...so it got autoreturned to my inventory....I kept crashing when I clicked it and did not want that handbag hanging around forever!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Too bad! I had the same problem, and turning off basic shaders solved it. Though" solving" is not the appropriate word when you have to go in preferences, untick basic shaders, and find yourself in a "poor environment" each time you have to unpack a mesh item, or click for sitting...I wish LL would take this as seriously as they are able to, since it is not a rare bug.

• 7 months later...
  • 9 months later...

The combination of shaders and mesh implies to me you have a graphics card problem. Either your drivers somewhere are out of date, or the card itself might have issues.

But that is a guess based on seeing that 3D programs often tend to get issues when updates move the technology onto accepting things from new drivers that users have not yet updated to.

• 8 months later...

I turned the shader off and it works so far, but i HATE the look of it... It's not so bad if you up the graphics to high and turn on the advanced lighting but still not as nice to look at. 

Not sure if this helps but my Graphics Drives are up to date.

I have a 64 Vista computer and 64bit Firestorm, this is the only one i have this issue on so there is some combnation of hardware and Sl not lkining to get along 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3527 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.