Changes were made to fix updating search results in Merchant stores ??

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

It doesn't suck for me -- the first row of items has sold like mad, and that includes my most expensive house.  What I would like even better, tho, is to order my store as I would like.  But since that was another thing that was rolled out without feedback from merchants, it failed -- and I doubt we will be seeing it again this decade.

Well 'random' would keep the low priced stuff that they don't make as much money on, (and which is the main reason for the migration from in world to the Marketplace by the way),  from (always) migrating up to the top of the popularity list which is essentially what sort by relevance was, so yeah, Linden Labs might think they can sneak that one in without too many peeps catching on to that real motivating factor. ;-)

6 MONTHS?!!? Haha Might as well all get our signs and start protesting now

Random - High to Low Please NO  - That will not make them more money. People will see tons of garbage that anyone just throws on MP

How does LL not make the most money having the best items at the top? Thats what people are buying the most.

'How does LL not make the most money having the best items at the top? Thats what people are buying the most'.

Becuase it's in the nature of peeps who purchase things in second life to buy what they need, more than just spend whatever cash they have in there pocket on whatever, which equates to deflated prices well above and beyond increased volume to make up for it in a Marketplace where you can quickly sort by price and/or popularity (that you cant do in world) . In the short and perhaps medium term and companies are very short term thinking these days.  But more importantly it means less profit for Linden Labs in the short and medium term. Newbies are an important revenue stream, and as we all know they are much more likely to spend alot more money on inflated priced stuff not knowing how to find the best deals and best value. The Marketplace makes it much harder for newbies to 'accidently' spend too much for their first few spendy months because it cuts back heavily on time consumption and promotes comparison shopping (where prices on comparable products can vary enormously often times). So Linden Labs would much rather have high priced stuff selling rather than high quality stuff selling but would prefer both and therefore like to promote both. ;-)

I'm a relatively new participant on the forums (though I've been a merchant in SL since Dec. 2010).  Since the issues created by the Derelict... erm, *Direct* Delivery system cropped up, I've been checking these forums for information.  I too am disappointed in the lack of search-result updating.  It's nearly pointless to release new items.

In all, I'm stunned at the lack of responsiveness from Linden Labs toward merchant issues in these forums.  I do understand Second Life is a free service, and it's hardly worth complaining about something you get for free.  Yet I'd think merchant commissions would be a majority source of income for Linden Labs... thus making merchants some rather important members of Second Life.  Why aren't there moderators in the forums, tending to merchant needs, answering their questions, apologizing for mistakes, providing updates on progress?  Surely, not everyone at Linden Labs is employed behind the scenes, writing code.  

To have to seek out information that's parsed out by the morsel every few days, and without so much as an apology, is really unacceptable.  I cannot imagine what some merchants have suffered... those who rely on SL as their primary source of income.  If LL won't say it, I will - "I'm sorry for you".

I sure hope you'll fix this soon.

Sincerely - Misha Kerang

"Misha Fine Jewelry"

P.S. - Do not let your motto be... "If it ain't broke - fix it."

> I too am disappointed in the lack of search-result updating.  It's nearly pointless to release new items.

Anyone who doubts the statistical pointlessness of depending on the search function only needs to list about 30 items with the keyword "madstyle" and check in a few days to see how many of them actually pop up on a keyword search for that word.

Go ahead and try it.

What do you have to lose?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4429 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.