Some questions

xRomanticThug

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello!
I'm kind of new when it comes to lands, so I would like to ask some questions.

1. If I become Premium Member, I will have the right to buy land, there is a limit? I would  like to buy a 3000ms, can I?2. What will happen if I don't pay at time the rent? My land will disappear, my house or  what I have?
3. Can I buy Premium Membership with lindens?

i dont have a premeium account but from my understanding you pay 6$ and you get rights to buy land.

when u do that and dont pay ur rent all your stuff goes back into your lost and found folder and the land is forsale again.

so pay ur rent there usually is no extensions of what i have heard.

There is no limit to how much you can buy on land when premium. You also do not have to be premium to purchase private islands and or land from private region owners..

If you do not pay land fees and tier. same thing can happen. they forclose on the property and take it back...

I think initial premium account may require initial payment info, like credit card or paypal(I could be wrong here) but after that you Should be able to pay premim membership with Lindens if you sell them and keep a current USD ballance. They will take tier from yuour USD balance first. If there is nothing there. They will hit it with your credit card or paypal if you have one on file

Becoming a premium member means you can buy as much or as little land as you like on the mainland.  If you fail to make your tier payments, your account will be suspended until the money you owe is paid to Linden Lab. 

Better that you should read the full information about buying, selling and owning land is available on the official Second Life Knowledge Base. This is the link to that... http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Buying-land/ta-p/700043

Marigold Devin wrote:

If you fail to make your tier payments, your account will be suspended until the money you owe is paid to Linden Lab. 

Woah! you get locked out till you pay and properly downgrade lol glad i never missed any payments.

At least they cant do that with private estates they will just reclaim the land

Dilbert Dilweg wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

If you fail to make your tier payments, your account will be suspended until the money you owe is paid to Linden Lab. 

Woah! you get locked out till you pay and properly downgrade lol glad i never missed any payments.

At least they cant do that with private estates they will just reclaim the land

Yeah, for anyone who is the least bit "iffy" on coming up with tier each month...it's best to stay basic and rent private.  Worse case scenario, you only lose your rented land, not your whole account :(

xRomanticThug wrote:

Hello!

I'm kind of new when it comes to lands, so I would like to ask some questions.

1. If I become Premium Member, I will have the right to buy land, there is a limit? I would  like to buy a 3000ms, can I?2. What will happen if I don't pay at time the rent? My land will disappear, my house or  what I have?

3. Can I buy Premium Membership with lindens?

Premium membership gives you the right to buy land on the Mainland. However, you can buy your own estate region without having premium membership.

You can buy as much land as you want; there is no limit.

If you don't pay your tier, the estate owner, whomever they may be, has the right and will take away your land. Your land won't necessarily disappear, but your ownnership rights to the land will be removed if you do not pay your tier.

Linden Lab accepts only real money for premium membership fees; however, you can convert linden dollars to real money but with a discount taken.

You don't have to be premium to buy a region from another resident in a private estate if it is not a full transfer, but really you are just renting it. Your name can be as the owner just the same as when you buy a parcel of the island, but really it is just the whole island is your parcel and you can be set as an estate manager by the person who owns it and pays the tier to LL.

If you want to buy an island through full transfer and pay your tier to LL you do have to be premium. Only if you pay your tier to LL do you really own the land, all else is renting from other residents, but at the end of the day we all rent from LL anyway.

Ishtar Roussel wrote:

You don't have to be premium to buy a region from another resident in a private estate if it is not a full transfer, but really you are just renting it. Your name can be as the owner just the same as when you buy a parcel of the island, but really it is just the whole island is your parcel and you can be set as an estate manager by the person who owns it and pays the tier to LL.

If you want to buy an island through full transfer and pay your tier to LL you do have to be premium. Only if you pay your tier to LL do you really own the land, all else is renting from other residents, but at the end of the day we all rent from LL anyway.

Yes I agree. The factor that determines true ownership of any land in SL, is determined as to whom the tier is paid. If it is paid to Linden Lab, then it is "true owership" - as much as "true ownership" really means.

However, Linden Lab also wants people to think that you need a premium account to buy your own estate region, and I have come across several estate owners who think they needed a premium account to buy their region. The Lab is crafty in its the wording of its documentation, and thus, misleads.

emmettcullen93 wrote:

with a basic account can u still rent a parcel with lindons

Yes, you can rent land with just a basic account, using linden dollars. You can also have "ownership rights" for estate land parcels and use linden dollars to pay your weekly or monthly rent (tier). However, having "ownship rights" does not mean you actually own the estate parcel. Linden dollars are what is asked most often. Only some estate land owners request real money. However, Linden Lab I believe, ALWAYS wants real money for anything they sell.

We are unable to complete your request

This transaction would exceed your daily trading limit by US$12.39.
    Your daily trading limit is US$0.00
    Transaction limit exceeded
    The system encountered an error while processing your order, please try again.

Do you know I can not?

xRomanticThug wrote:

We are unable to complete your request

This transaction would exceed your daily trading limit by US$12.39.

Your daily trading limit is US$0.00

Transaction limit exceeded

The system encountered an error while processing your order, please try again.

Do you know I can not?

You have to have payment info on file to buy L$ I think. Or maybe you did not wait two days after the first time you gave payment info. It takes one or two days until Linden Lab gets your info after you send it on their website. After that you should be able to buy some L$ there. It is hard to say what is wrong, without more information.

Sorry I haven't looked through all the postings here so this might be repeat information, but, if so guess you can consider it confirmation of what others have said.

1) The $6 for premium membership is basically a bad deal... doesn't get you anything you can't already get without paying that extra... you're just paying $6 per month for the right to pay "tier" to own mainland, and, 3,000m or so in mainland tier will run you an additional $25 per month, so, you're paying $31 monthly to "own" what you could be paying about $25 a month to "own" on a private island.

2) To those who say renting from a private seller isn't really owning the land... read the TOS. No one really owns land in Second Life, even when you "buy" it from Linden Labs directly you never own it. Buying land from a private seller on a private SIM gives you all the same powers as buying on mainland, you just are buying from an individual who cares a lot more about you than LL will and usually someone who will react a lot faster to fix anything that goes wrong on the SIM.

3) To those who say you can get ripped off buying from a private individual. There are many professional land sellers here who work hard to provide a service far better than what LL provides on mainland. Private landlords can reset your SIM and perform much of the same functions as LL on mainland but generally do so much quicker and often even proactively before you even realize there's a problem, keeping the SIM you're on running smooth and efficiently. Just do a little research and make sure the person you're buying from has been in business for a while, and, keep in mind a deal that seems to good to be true likely is too good to be honest.

4) Lindens can be cashed in for dollars, but there's a fee to do this. Just means if you are making lindens in world you can turn these into cash and use the cash to pay tier or premium membership fees (currently at a rate of about 247L per dollar minus 2.5% commission I think). Still means dollars must be used for any payments to Linden Labs... but.. the dollars can come from lindens if you've got a business in world making lindens. Generally still a bit less expensive to find a private seller taking those lindens however, as you avoid paying the fee in this case.

5) Limit on how much land you can buy is only limited to your credit with LL... starts at $5,000 I think but can be increased if you want. If you have that much to spend... hey I really need to talk to you <smile>

6) If you fail to make your tier payments, your land will be repossessed and your objects returned. Same with both Linden Labs and on a private SIM.

Feel free to contact me in world if you'd like more information on any of this... hopefully you'll find the information useful.

• 2 weeks later...

Richie Kanto wrote:

1) The $6 for premium membership is basically a bad deal... doesn't get you anything you can't already get without paying that extra... you're just paying $6 per month for the right to pay "tier" to own mainland

is basically a good deal if all you want is a linden home. you get 15,600L pa spending money as well. so your home ends up cost about $US1 a month

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4379 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.