Rotation don't stop

Vero Sands

I have a strange problem: I put a slow-rotating-script in a prim and decided to have that prim as it was. I deleted the script but the prim is still rotating. Can anyone help me with that? Why is the prim rotating without a script in it? Is there a memory-effect in it? Thanks. Veronica.

When you rotate a prim with a script it becomes part of the permanent properties of the prim, just like what happens when you use hovertext, particles or texture animations.  You can either delete the prim or put the rotation script back into it and change the vectors to all zerios to stop it then reset the script.

+1

Had the same problem just earlier today. Deleted rotation script from the contents to no avail. Reset all scripts, still rotating. Set scrips to not running, still no joy. Fortunately in my case it was a dancefloor, just 1 prim, so I could quickly redo it and now all is fine. Still very strange isn't it?

Thank you so much. This was very helpful. I created that script, put it into the prim and it stoped rotating :). This was new to me, that a rotating script is kinda activation of the rotating process. I thought, that the script by itself makes the rotating. Learning never stops! Thanks again :).

There are 2 types of LSL rotation methods: server-side and viewer-side.

llTargetOmega() in most cases causes only the viewer-side rotation effect (though not always) but in all cases the rotation becomes a property of the prim.

llSetRot() is the server-side rotation. If set in a timing loop it will rotate the object via a script, and if the script is removed will stop. Visual effect of this server-side rotation differs because the method has 200msec built-in delay.

llSetLinkPrimitiveParamsFast() also allows to set the server-side rotation which does not become prim property  but without 200 msec delay so a resulting effect is the same as if llTargetOmega() were used.

• 12 years later...