Is there any debug setting that sets camera direction?

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

5 answers to this question

My friend Qie Niangao made a gadget that lets you position the camera in front of your avatar and watch yourself walking toward it.  It does a lot of other camera tricks too...unfortunately at the moment I can't even recall the NAME of the thing.  IM Qie and he'll tell you all about it.

• Like 1

I am perfectly willing to use a scripted attachment. Let me explain the problem in more detail. I have been experimenting with putting the camera rear view in front of my face. I thought that would provide a more immersive experience, and it does. I am not sure what the camera is anchored to, but it isn't the avatar's head. To avoid having the view obscured by hair, hats, etc. when the head moves forward, the camera has to be forward of the head several cm. When it's that far forward, for reasons that are totally obscure to me, it no longer points level. I am looking for a way to keep it level. Also, it is strange to me that it is easy to control the camera's position, but not its direction.  I just want the camera to look forward from, and relative to, my face.

The debug setting    FocusOffsetRearView    works together with   CameraOffsetRearView    to set the direction of the camera. The camera looks along a line connecting those two points. Here are some settings I use:

CameraOffsetRearView X = -0.75  (0.75 meter in back) Y = 0.4 (off the left shoulder) Z = -0.20 (about eye level)

FocusOffsetRearView X = 2.0 Y = 0.4 Z = 1

These are my customizations, although other camera custom settings have been discussed a number of times on the SLU blog and the Firestorm blogs.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4382 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.