AMD 14.11.1Beta driver an secondlife

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Quinn Lysette wrote:

what is hardware skinning

At its most simplistic, hardware skinning tells your GPU to perform your avatar mesh's deformation instead of your CPU.  I don't know why it needs to be disabled for AMD cards, except that, for some reason, they obviously aren't preforming the deformations correctly... why, I've no idea.  Someone much more knowledgable than I will probably show up who can provide a more detailed answer.

...Dres

Quinn Lysette wrote:

hey if ur using an AMD graphics card why does havin hardware skinning on makes the avatars have missing bodys parts not all of them just some and with hardware skinning off the body parts are visible and everything looks better why? btw what is hardware skinning

Because AMD writes their OpenGL drivers by taping a paper lunch bag around a cat's head and having it walk around on a keyboard for a while. That's pretty well established by now. AMD has somehow broken rendering of rigged meshes in OpenGL in their last two betas. Considering that the cards worked before the new drivers and Nvidia cards have no problems, the location of the fault is pretty clear.

• 3 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3356 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.