Odd thing found with Surls and Google Maps.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Everyone knows the Blake Sea on Second Life Main Land.

I will be using this sim as a example: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Blake%20Sea%20-%20Baltic/128/128/2

Basically, put that link into your url box of your browser so that you can either join secondlife or login to visit it..

As shown in the picture. d02e0738813d2813f28141614bf4c596.png

Now then, you see that human like figure on side, this being Google Maps.. Let's see the street view of a random place on the SL map? Drag it over to anywhere you like.. and look what you see.. Never dreamed of Blake Sea being so beautiful in real life..

Lemme know what you find, I can assure you it's different. lol.

I understand SL is awesome and all, but is this signs of the new SL. Virtual 3D Enviroments such as this? Makes you wonder what country we are in, in the actual google maps server or this was just thrown in and no one knows about? I do not know..

Carl Thibodeaux wrote:

Everyone knows the Blake Sea on Second Life Main Land.

I will be using this sim as a example: 

Basically, put that link into your url box of your browser so that you can either join secondlife or login to visit it..

As shown in the picture. 
d02e0738813d2813f28141614bf4c596.png

Now then, you see that human like figure on side, this being Google Maps.. Let's see the street view of a random place on the SL map? Drag it over to anywhere you like.. and look what you see.. Never dreamed of Blake Sea being so beautiful in real life..

Lemme know what you find, I can assure you it's different. lol.

I understand SL is awesome and all, but is this signs of the new SL. Virtual 3D Enviroments such as this? Makes you wonder what country we are in, in the actual google maps server or this was just thrown in and no one knows about? I do not know..

That's really strange!   I had to minimise the destination guide picks to see the street view person icon.  I tried it in several location and got the same street view at all of them.  The street view shows the photographers name, looks like he lives in the US but travels a lot around the world.  I have no idea where it's from or why it's here in SL.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3563 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.