Amaranthim Talon
0 Kudos

Re: Slat and Qavimator - do they mix?

Reply to Crubo Carver - view message

I wanted to add that yes I was able to insert a second figure by adding hmm- I don't recall now if it says add blue? But it was as Medhue suggest - brilliant guy btw , ty ty Medhue!

Mind, I have not delved deeply yet in SLat- mostly because while I admit that QA has large limitations, it is so inutitive! I really didn't need to learn much to get started on it. It was easy- grab the manequin's limb and move it- voila! Ye, the refinements and inofrmation u need to really make good anims I have had to sweat at, but like with all "arts" you grow into it.  I  am afraid SLat isn't very self explanatory to me. In fact, Medhue, you stated in one of these two threads something about how the camera function was so much easier for you on SLat - I'm afraid it has me quite stummped! I keep trying to do cam things like we do in-world, like it works in Blender, like it works in QA - and I do not achieve the same viewing results. I realize I will need to devote sometime to it in order to get in the learning curve, I just keep 'ooh shiny!'ing" .

Anyway, thanks everyone contributing to these threads- just reading everyones animation adventures and advice is super instructional and am learning a lot.

http://talonfaire.blogspot.com/
Medhue Simoni
Topics: 95
Kudos: 136
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

There is a little diagram that I threw together for some1 else. It's already here in my photos for the forums, so I'll just post it here too. I remind every1 that I use a beta 5 version of SLat and you can contact me inworld for me to send that version to you. All my edits/explainations are in RED.

Slat-Diagram.jpg

Amaranthim Talon
0 Kudos

Reply to Medhue Simoni - view message

I'm going to IM you re that other version Medhue- Thank you.

http://talonfaire.blogspot.com/
Honored Resident
Crubo Carver
0 Kudos

Reply to Amaranthim Talon - view message

It took me awhile to understand slat and get used to it. Totally worth the effort! I was sticking to Qavimator too, out of habit and that feeling that it's more intuitive, but slat does so many super-useful things.

I have several pages of systematic notes that I assembled and I would be glad to share them if you if you PM me. 

Also go thru the help notes in slat topic by topic, and once you have some familiarity with the tool, watch Medhue's youtube tutorials, very helpful.

Honored Resident
GimmeCat
0 Kudos

Just wanted to point out for any past or future contributors to this discussion that 1007_beta_5b is, in fact, available for download at the project's Sourceforge page. :smileyhappy:

Go to http://sourceforge.net/projects/free-bvh-editor and navigate to "beta release (winXP only)", inside which you'll find all the beta 1007 versions for download. Just grabbed it myself!

Honored Resident
melody Swashbuckler
0 Kudos

Reply to GimmeCat - view message

Oki so i have gotten what i want made in Slat but now i am floating. i have tried adjusting the penvis y down but it still shows up when i upload the anim that i am floating. Help please

Honored Resident
melody Swashbuckler
0 Kudos

Reply to melody Swashbuckler - view message

Justa small update... i did find the hip translation ad usedthe y to put it down bt still haivn the same issue. In the Poses Menu i do not hav checked Zero Hip Y Translations or 0 Hip Rotations. Would really love to get this ground sit thast been stuck in my head all weekend made. Thanks in advance.