Templates for Mesh Breast?

madam Martian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been in Second life since 2008 and the last few years I been designing.. I have a minor shop but mostly I have been doing custom items/clothing. However since newyear I took a break from designing, and since then I feel lost in what is going on and where to find what I need....

I got a issue I just cant figure out.. Most clothes have addons for mesh breast.  But now I have been serching high and low for a template for mesh breast, ~and I just cant find it..  Nothing that can help me to make addons for my clothing. I could poberbly make one up myself, but would rather have it if there is a template out there somewhere..

I am looking for all types of tempates for it, but ofcause mostly Lola's. So far the only one I have found is called; Capuleto skin Appliers Template...

I am sure its just me that can not see the forrest for the trees (dont know if its a english saying or just danish.. meaning I cant find whats just under my nose)  I tend to get lost now and then as english is not my first languid, and I feel as I have tried all /and looked everywhere that I can possibly think of, to find it.. It must be out there, since so many uses it, but '''where oh where is it hiding''' ?

Thank You..

Lis

The "template" isn't. What they are doing with the mesh ones is using the same UV map as the base-avatar, but scaled differently (I think repeats set to 0.5, and some offset).

Your best bet is to go to the Lolas Tango shop, and get the developer's kit (might be free). It will have all the instructions on how to set up your clothing and skins so customers can 'apply' them to these props, as well as to competing props that also use the default avatar UV map. Any such older prop that doesn't use the default avatar UV map is going to fade in popularity as it gets difficult to match varying skin tones.

Developer kit should be a freebie in the Lola shop. No need to have Lolas to make appliers.

And actually you can do it if you just have the texture, IF you know all the right faces to apply the texture to. In fact you don't even need the texture, just its UUID.

- There's a very basic command in SL that will apply a UUID as a texture to whatever object the script is running on.

So if you are, or know, a skilled scripter, you can make your own applier system. As mentioned in the the thread from the other week, the Furry maker DSD (Dark Spot Designs) now supplies appliers. They did it as one applier per animal species, and you get a menu to select which fur coat. As a result they only had to have a couple of appliers out, despite having a hundred or more different 'furry' avatar skins. Sadly they did this for all but one of their furries, and the one they did not do it for is the one my alt with lolas has, the Ram furry.

But again, I believe there should be a freebie semi hidden on a wall in the Lolas shop for the developer kit.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Developer kit should be a freebie in the Lola shop. No need to have Lolas to make appliers.

And actually you can do it if you just have the texture, IF you know all the right faces to apply the texture to. In fact you don't even need the texture, just its UUID.

- There's a very basic command in SL that will apply a UUID as a texture to whatever object the script is running on.

So if you are, or know, a skilled scripter, you can make your own applier system. As mentioned in the the thread from the other week, the Furry maker DSD (Dark Spot Designs) now supplies appliers. They did it as one applier per animal species, and you get a menu to select which fur coat. As a result they only had to have a couple of appliers out, despite having a hundred or more different 'furry' avatar skins. Sadly they did this for all but one of their furries, and the one they did not do it for is the one my alt with lolas has, the Ram furry.

But again, I believe there should be a freebie semi hidden on a wall in the Lolas shop for the developer kit.

I had to purchase them on my female alt so i could get the kit. i was told by the creator there was no freebie kit. you need to have the lolas anyway in order to make sure your templates fit properly.

Pretty sure I have the developer kit on an account that lacks the lolas. If its not there currently, it was formerly. If I can find it again I'll screenshot it, using an account that does not have them.

You can take ANY modable applier on the market and make it into one by just pasting a new UUID into the config notecard. And no need to test... If your texture was made for the default avatar, it will fit the prop the same way it would fit as if worn as system clothes.

If one wants the prop, sure get it. But no need for it unless one actually wants it.

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Pretty sure I have the developer kit on an account that lacks the lolas. If its not there currently, it was formerly. If I can find it again I'll screenshot it, using an account that does not have them.

You can take ANY modable applier on the market and make it into one by just pasting a new UUID into the config notecard. And no need to test... If your texture was made for the default avatar, it will fit the prop the same way it would fit as if worn as system clothes.

If one wants the prop, sure get it. But no need for it unless one actually wants it.

Maybe in theory, but people that I have talked to say you need to test and tweak your texture wearing the Lolas and the clothing you are making the applier for to get it exactly aligned and looking its best, even though you used the template for the default avatar.  Also if you  don't use the official applier, you will need to include a script in your package for the customers to put into their lola's to use your applier. 

I suggest you actually try doing the process of making an applier yourself.

Grab any freebie skin or texture, and go.

I've done it with even that popular 'avatar gridlines' skin - which by the way, is the best way to figure out how much you need to resize your prop up or down.

The things always line up right, but the prop is made for roughly 7 to 8 foot tall avatar, so if you're shorter, and my alt comes in arounf 5'3" or so, it will need significant shrinking.

What I do see wandering the grid is people often fail to size it to match their avatar, and then often push it halfway into the chest so that doesn't line up anyway... And to blame these errors on the prop or the applier system is a faulty scare tactic.

Where there is a minor flaw is in the clavicle - the shape of the prop there is not a perfect match to the avatar shape, so the seam can pop through on some skins that have high detail in the clavical - neck connection that is not anatomically ideal. This is actually more a revelation of a skin that has placed the clavicle in the wrong spot than the prop - and I've only seen that in one skin that I had perms on to get a UUID from.

I have made  them and i can tell you from experience that you need to test them before selling them. 99.999% of the time the texture needs tweaking and lining up. It works fine on skins but for clothing that has any skin showing you need to tweak the texture.

For example.. the template is very basic, wonderfull for a sweater or tee shirt, but what about a bikini? without testing you will not know if the lines match up.

In 12 skins so far, I've not need needed to tweak. I have had to make sure the prop was sized and positioned right on my avatar - originally. But that was it.

When I see people wearing them - they are more often than not wearing them at the wrong size for their avatar, and positioning them improperly - so the skin doesn't line up to begin with. When that is the case, clothin applied to an already improperly worn prop will suffer the same result - but the contrast might be more noticeable.

Looks like the developer's kit is not available as a freebie at present. Sure I got it before, but not sure which account did so.

- So I guess one does now need to buy it. BUT the kit itself is copy/mod/trans - save for the script which is no-mod. Chances are some people have developer's kits from appliers they got, since that's all the kit really is.

Here you can see I don't yet have the lolas positioned / sized exactly right. I am likely 2% too small with them. The skin in question is the freebie builder's gridlines from NCI, applied as a skin. There is a much better avatar-lineup grid texture on the web.

MochaTangos.png

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

The OP was asking about clothing templates, which do indeed have to be lined up properly.

Again - the same argument, Its a texture that still works on the same mesh and the same UV map as a skin. If you have to line them up, it means you're wearing the prop wrong.

But what the OP asked was how to get a template for clothing on these things - the answer to which is that they already have the template, and everything they need in the developer's kit.

From there some have been trying to pain the simple process of working with that kit as some kind of complex or difficult proceedure - which it is anything but.

I am not tryng to scare anyone, just relate what i have been told my several clothing creators when I was curious about it myself.  Not one told me its as easy just creating a standard system layer texture which will always result in a a perfect match, as you claim. I can see in the picture that you posted with the grid texture that the patten scale would stretch and distort on the breast compared to the torso..  If you are making a quality product surely you'd need to compensate for it.  At any rate, the OP will find out herself if she persues this.

As, for trying it out myself , i have no interest in entering the Lola market or any reason to question what people that actually make and sell quality clothing for Lolas tell me.

Oh this sounds complicated.. I am mostly used to system clothing and a bit of mesh, but havent really done anything for a short year...

I allready had the lola brought, just never had it opend and now I did open it I do find that there is a kit in it, but the appiler is a script? (Google wont let me translate the word applier to danish so Im not to sure what it means.. I do think it means to add something?)

I am more lost than ever.. I understand that I do the 'picture' just like i do for a normal shirt, but how do I add a script to a piece of clothes? I know to add a script to a prim but to clothes? I am beyond lost...

Thank you for all the respons...

I've been making my own for quite some time now.. Be mindful that textures "stretch" over the mesh templates making the boob texture look distorted in world (if creating a patterned 'fabric'). The instructions say copy a 512 section and use that for your mesh template.. but if you do this, the texture will look distorted. I've been fine tuning.. it take more work, but, looks so much better in world. :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3813 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.