I have two skins on or bodies and

Ashlyn Gedales

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I dont know how to troubleshoot it. My face is still the same. But I had two sets of hands on and I was able to detach one pair of them, but my bare feet are seriously blocky unlike before. I wasnt having this problem last week when I was trying on mesh bodies, but this happened and I'm so frustrated now. My demo mesh bodies look like they are showing 2 skins even when my inventory shows Im wearing the alpha layer. The skin with demo mesh body on is splotchy. I dont know what to do next. My original avatar I chose was Kimberly. I think she is a classic avatar, but then I added a skin and shape from the same place and it was all working fine until I started demoing mesh bodies. The wrists and ankles are extremely blocky. I have her naked and she doesnt look the same at all. Please help!

• Like 2

I suggest taking off every single attachment. Just right click on your outift in your appearance and click "take off - remove from current outfit." and relog if it never loads correctly. If this fails, I would go under avatar > avatar health > reset default avatar (character test).

With the splochy skin, I would check settings and see if you have hardware skimming under avatar rending in graphics checked.

SL just had major maintenance work so that might have something to do with anything with your problems.

I hope this helps you.

I agree with the above post. Detach everything or do a Character test and start fresh.  Any demo mesh body will have a skin that may not be your skin of choice.  You will need to get appliers for the body and any parts you have (feet, hands, head) from your preferred skin maker.

Make sure your inventory reloads completely before you try switching things around. Go to a quiet place like Hatton and just wait until everything has loaded.  THEN start again.  Good luck!

While the two replies have good suggestions, is this Kimberly is a starter avatar?

Just go to "Me", then "choose an avatar" and then Kimberly.

You will then be turned into 100% pure Kimberly.

What I think went wrong, is that mesh avatars come with shapes. You probably changed into that provided shape. Mesh avatars underlying shape has larger feet, for instance.

Why you look blotchy when wearing a mesh body demo, can be an issue of the alpha layer not showing up due to an SL glitch. Logging off and in again can help.

• 1 year later...

Same problem, I've got the kemono shape on and, when my inventory mistook socks for a shirt, a second skin appeared - the base shape, I'd call it? Morgan's skin, probably

Did all of the above and no luck

(worked perfectly fine before...)

EDIT: Put on an invisible skin thing, working well

Edited by Levcat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2519 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.