Gosh creating my avatar is getting wildly confusing, please help this silly noob

SPIRITUALxCOUNSEL

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

OK so Ive bought myself the Maitreya Lara Body for starters, no problems there.

I then went looking for skins so I could find a face that resembles my own, found one I like, got the demo but when I tried that it changed the body but not the face :(

I then went and got the demo for a LeLutka head and tried the skin demo again but again no change to the face.

Im now in a state of total confusion I dont know if I need a mesh head or not to use the skin with the face I like or how to get the face of a skin to appear with my Maitreya mesh body etc etc

Can somebody please help me get my avatar up and running Im wasting so much time trying to figure this out myself, tou will have my eternal gratitude if you can xxx

Alwin Alcott wrote:

appliers for faces will not work if you don't own a mesh head.

In that case you need a normal skin with appliers for the body ...
:)

Thank you Alwin, skins appear to be the full body (although I just want the face to go along with my Lara body which I bought cos its easier to dress) so Im not really understanding the term 'face appliers' as Ive not seen any, would they come with a full skin?

Im quite happy to get myself a mesh head as long as I know it will end up with the face I want, which only appears to be possible if I also purchase a skin... sorry for being a pain!

PS if this helps at all this is the face I want lol -

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LIMITED-PROMO-WoW-Skins-Warda-Milk-full-pack/3638720

Ok, here is a general breakdown for you:

A skin is a texture that covers your whole (standart body). Together with your shape it creates the unique way how your face looks like. Many people (like you) chose to replace their body with the Lara body. Its basically an attached object, that replaces everything below your neck.

So you have your old standart avatar head and the Lara body.

Now, many skins come with appliers or the store you got the skin from sells them. Those appliers allow you get the texture from your skin onto the Lara body, so your body matches the still existing old head.

Some people like to go a step further and replace their standart avatar head with a mesh head, too. Just as your Lara body those heads need appliers aswell.

What you brought is a pack of skins with zero appliers for anything. You get that "face", if you wear the skin and the shape from the package without using a mesh head (the picture shows a normal non-mesh head).

I may not be understanding what the issue is, but the applier applies the skin texture to the mesh body only. Your standard system body head still needs to wear the skin to match it.

1 wear the skin

2 use the applier to put the matching skin on the mesh body

There are 2 places that need to be covered - both body (applier) and head (system skin layer)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3087 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.