why can't I change my group tag?

charlie5156

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2919 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

groups tags is provided by the owner of the group, if he/she didn't give you more than one role you will be stuck on one, unless you change group or select "none"

If the group is your own, you will need to contact support. Or you could try a total reboot of your connection and system ( will help it's a connection issue) shut down your machine, also router /modem. Restart modem/router, wait till it's totally up and running, than start your machine.

if you mean the question different, perhaps clearify or wait till another resident reads it as you meant :)

about the second part... i think you mean rebake textures by ctr/alt/R

that doesn't work that well anymore after some serverchanges if i'm not wrong .. you can try richt click and refresh textures

sometimes this is a connection issue  between viewer and server... the restart as mentioned above might help in this too.

If it's caused by some corrupted files in your cache you need to clear that, but take that as last option.

if there are other solutions others will certainly post them.

• Like 3

Hi Charlie,

I will supplement Alwin's interpretation of your question with another. If you mean that you cannot change active groups, and that your avatar doesn't appear properly and there's nothing you can do about it, you may have an iffy connection between your viewer and the SL servers, as Alwin has suggested. Try his recommendations. If that doesn't work, read this...

http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

And here's a little more about bake-fail...

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/fs_bake_fail

Good luck!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2919 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.