Crashing everytime I log in after 2 mins, help!

Absinthe Kamachi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

So… I have been inactive in SL for about 2 months after moving house. We finally got our broadband set up and I updated to viewer 3 on my system, I log in 100% fine then after about two minutes I crash.

I have excellent signal strength from my wireless modem.

I have tried clearing my cache, reinstalling SL and rebooting both the computer and the modem.

I have also gone into Norton’s and changed the firewall settings to allow SL through.

The problem is happening with both my SL accounts, on Viewer2, Phoenix and Firestorm- wherever I log in.

Please help, this is driving me crazy and I miss my friends!

Thanks, Abi xxx

also, thankyou for your answer, Valerie- I tried connecting it via cable but it made no difference :s ! its pretty puzzling.

now I've tried another re-install, upped my kbps and logged in under the water at Smith- giving my inventory time to load- but it seems that the problem is getting worse and I'm logging out even faster!

I've even tried reverting the system to an earlier point in time.

I really don't know what is left to try!

ps, I'm running windows vista,  and have an NVIDIA graphics card. I've used viewer 2 on my system fine a few months ago- my problems are with viewer 3. I am using a wireless router (broadband from Orange) but I've tried connecting with a cable and it makes no difference.

tried disabling the firewall- that made no difference either (!) my performance alerts have started telling me SL has 'high CPU usage'. I'm not entirely sure what that means but it could be important.

aide moi!

• Like 1

4 answers to this question

There are situations where a CPU will go to 100% usage when a viewer is running. This appears to occur most in computer with nVidia video cards - but not only.

Another effect that seems to happen with nVidia cards is that the viewer will freeze, seemingly at random, and for varying periods of time. Or it will lock up when you attempt to open profiles or try to search.

There are two solutions possible.  See here >>> http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/doku.php?id=100_cpu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.