Rotation colored bands - Second Life 3.3.1

Tor Falmer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I dont know if this is a bug or something... but when I want to rotate an object in my viewer, the coloured bands for rotation sometimes disappears. They are gone, even though I'm able to rotate the prim/object by taking a chance and just grab in the area the bands should be...

Very annoying for a builder to have this problem I must say.

Question is if this is a bigger problem, and if more people have it, or if it is just me?
If it is only me, what should I do about it?

Regards Tor Falmer

I have it too since some updates ago. Not all the time though. And most of the time this only occurs when editing a linkset.

So, you're not alone in this :smileyhappy: I have no clue what to do about it though. I usually learn to coop with bugs and then, one day, it is solved "just like that". 

I just discovered this yesterday. I would press Ctrl while in edit mode and the rotation bands would barely be visible, kind of like a visual glitch. I would go out of edit mode and then try again and it would work. This happened a few times and I thought it was another one of the glitches caused recently.

Like Six said, I just figure it will resolve itself eventually.

I'm using Second Life viewer 3.3.1 Mostly the bands disappear mostly if you make a copy of a prim, and then try to rotate it.

I haven't noticed a big problem if you create a new prim direct from the buildingmenu, but that might just be a coincidence. I work like that allot. Making 1 prim to copy and modify instead of making new all the time from the menu. Usually it saves allot of time doing it that way... but now it is a total waste of time to do it. The problem is still there, no matter what I do. Good to know I'm not alone about the problem though. Bigger chance something is done about it. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4362 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.