Cant log in but can log in my alt

Foul Mayo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So been away from SL for around a year, got new laptop and tried to log in with no luck (stuck at Logging in...), eventually tried my alt and got it.

Can log in my main from Lumiya on my phone with no hassles. I did it before with my main but not with my alt, is Lumiya effing something up?

Obviously its nothing to do with my computer (i tried with factory clean windows 10 and fresh viewer) or my internet connection (tried both my wifi at the house and tethering from my phone + my dumb alt is fine).

So yea its stuck at Logging in... and when i let it sit for a while i get the Despite our best (what a joke) efforts something went wrong bla bla...

Alwin is probably right. It would be a good idea to pick a new location for login by using the web based Destination Guide. Clicking Teleport will open the viewer and set a login destination. You can check with your Alt that the region you want is online and working.

I also wonder if you have mistyped the ID or password. ID formats changed, but that was more than a year ago. Depending on the brand of viewer the ID format trips people up.

Then there is the problem of a good Internet connection but a poor connection to the SL servers. You can test that: http://blog.nalates.net/2011/10/26/troubleshoot-your-sl-connection/

I guess if the above things don't work, you might try using a different viewer on the same machine, just to see what happens. It's kind of grasping at straws, but the fact the account works fine with Lumiya makes one wonder what the heck could be wrong with whatever viewer you're using for that account on the other machine.

Thanks for the replies.

Have tried home, last location and various other sims, none of them work.

Have tried vanilla viewer, bento and firestorm (even set it to text only) - all clean installs with no logins.

Only theory i have so far is the Lumiya viewer somehow messed up my avatar, either creating a bridge or something??

BTW when im logged in with Lumiya and i try to log in from my laptop i get the the server has begun a login or whatever error it is.

Foul Mayo wrote:

BTW when im logged in with Lumiya and i try to log in from my laptop i get the the server has begun a login or whatever error it is.

you can not login with the same account from two viewers... your avatar is inworld... can't get inworld twice.

Logging in with the second will make the first been logged out, and that message is what you see.

Yeah, it's actually instructive that you get that error, because it means the doomed login process gets far enough to notice that you're already logged in (with Lumiya).

What I'd try next is to login with Lumiya again, go to "My Avatar" from the hamburger menu, and from "My outfits" select the one most different from what your avatar is currently wearing, then choose "WEAR" from the bottom of that outfit page. Check back in 3D View to make sure it's all worn, then Sign out and try again from a Win10-based viewer.

Failing that... gosh, I'm stumped. I use Lumiya occasionally and have never noticed it interfering with using my Win10 viewer. Anything this weird always makes me suspect some crazy network interaction, but you've already tried more radical tests of network than I'd even think to suggest.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2756 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.