Can't Change Preferences

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For the past few minutes I've been trying to change my preferences but I haven't had any luck. I just want to change it to moderate, as general is very limiting and I can't find a lot of interesting maps. I turned 18 yesterday, which according to SL's offical FAQ about this you have to be at least 18 to access moderate maps. Despite this it still won't let me change my preferences.

Is this a bug? :matte-motes-dont-cry:

Not a bug that I know of...

Make sure you put your birth date in correctly when signing up. There is no easy way to change it. But, checking the date will tell you how old the system thinks you are.

Give it 24 hours and try again.

Also, sometimes the servers act up. Move to a new region, relog, and try again.

If that fails, file a troubleticket and explain the problem.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
5 hours ago, AscaraSupreme268 said:

Hi I'm 22 and I had placed my settings to general and moderate,the option to change my preference seem to be disabled...I dont know what else to do can you help please.

Assuming you gave the correct birth date when you signed up, you'll likely need to open a Support ticket:
https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Have looked on my preferences and I have General Moderate Adult set but would like to add Adult it has been 7-8 years since i was last on SL but would like to know best way to change this so adult shows up in drop down  menu. Is there a way to do this

2 hours ago, Giz8958 said:

Have looked on my preferences and I have General Moderate Adult set but would like to add Adult it has been 7-8 years since i was last on SL but would like to know best way to change this so adult shows up in drop down  menu. Is there a way to do this

On 9/10/2018 at 12:40 AM, LittleMe Jewell said:

Assuming you gave the correct birth date when you signed up, you'll likely need to open a Support ticket:
https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 712 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.