Deploys for the week of 2015-12-21

Caleb Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

Second Life Server (main channel)

The main channel is getting the server maintenance project, which was previously on RC BlueSteel, Magnum and LeTigre channels

https://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Server/15#15.12.14.309144

Scheduled Tuesday 2015-12-22 03:00-09:00 PDT

Second Life RC BlueSteel:

No Roll

Second Life RC LeTigre:

No Roll

Second Life RC Magnum:

No Roll

We will be monitoring this thread as the code gets released, so feel free to note any observations you have about the server updates.  If you have a specific bug you'd like to report, please file a Jira.

To all at Linden Lab, at Battery Street and beyond

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year ...oh...Happy Holidays to those who don't celebrate Christmas :smileyvery-happy:

Also to those denizens of SL, who come here in desperation, frustration, irritation, or, like me mostly in confusion, Merry Humbug!

Caleb Linden wrote:

Second Life Server (main channel)

The main channel is getting the server maintenance project, which was previously on RC BlueSteel, Magnum and LeTigre channels

Scheduled Tuesday 2015-12-22 03:00-09:00 PDT

Second Life RC BlueSteel:

No Roll

Second Life RC LeTigre:
No Roll

Second Life RC Magnum:
No Roll

We will be monitoring this thread as the code gets released, so feel free to note any observations you have about the server updates.  If you have a specific bug you'd like to report, please file a 

Hello Caleb, 

Does this seem like an unusually large number of regions offline? The offline regions all indicate Invalid Location.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you possibly tell me what is causing the hold up on traffic updating in world?

We had our grand opening yesterday an pushed alot of bodies into our business, only to be stuck with 6800 in traffic from the day before?

I have researched in the forum previously for this issue an have found it occuring as early as 2013 in recent commentary 

• Lindens

I have talked to a few engineers, there was indeed a data hiccup when we entered 2016. It might take several days for the traffic calculation to become correct again since they are based on several days of data, but they marked that hiccup as fixed as of 1/4/2016. Please, do add comments if the issue remains on after that time in https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/BUG-11128.

Thanks,

Caleb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2995 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.