freedom of speech . . . . religion, etc. within the platform

Anek Fuchs

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Far as i'm concern f--k turbosquid and sl ,,,,if i buy a 3d model from turbo ,,,you dam right i'm got to have to spend many of hours to makeit right for in upload to sl ,,,so f--k them both ....so i'm sopose to pay the creater for that ,,,my ass !!!

Thank you , gene

BilliJo Aldrin wrote:

"
4) Article I, Section 10 states that "No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance or
Confederation
.""

That is absolutely right as long as a state was a member of the union.

However, once a state removed itself from the Union thru articles of secession passed by the state legislature, it was free to make whatever treaties alliances or confederations it chose, as a free independant country.

AN ORDINANCE to dissolve the union between the State of South Carolina and other States united with her under the compact entitled "The Constitution of the United States of America."

We, the people of the State of South Carolina, in convention assembled do declare and ordain, and it is hereby declared and ordained, That the ordinance adopted by us in convention on the twenty-third day of May, in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and eighty-eight, whereby the Constitution of the United States of America was ratified, and also all acts and parts of acts of the General Assembly of this State ratifying amendments of the said Constitution, are hereby repealed; and that the union now subsisting between South Carolina and other States, under the name of the "United States of America," is hereby dissolved.

Done at Charleston the twentieth day of December, in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and sixty.

So, you're saying that a contract can be freely dissolved by one party without the consent of the other party? I'll have to remember that if I ever do business with you.

Incidentally, Virginia, North and South Carolina and Georgia, the only Confederate states that ratified the Constitution and therefore could even theoretically "unratify" it, also ratified the Articles of Confederation before it:

[T]he Articles of this Confederation shall be inviolably observed by every State, and the Union shall be perpetual; nor shall any alteration at any time hereafter be made in any of them; unless such alteration be agreed to in a Congress of the United States, and be afterwards confirmed by the legislatures of every State.

The Articles of Confederation were actually ratified by what would become the states before the end of the Revolutionary War; none of the colonies functioned as independent states before ratification. If South Carolina could "revert" to anything, it would have been to a colony of Great Britain.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a published romance writer and have written hundreds or love scenes, but even I've never fantasized about rape or any violent act, or written about it. I find slaves auctions in Second like and rape clubs the most offensive things in Second life  along with sex with child avatars.  Just search teen avatars on Market Place.  Those sexy little avis aren't for family role play like Toodledoo. Though the battle flag is offensive,  the bigger picture is that the conscious of a nation went from a church shooting to a flag. That wasn't a coincidence. 

(Yeah, I'm "late" to this debate. But when did I ever keep my mouth shut before?)

BilliJo Aldrin wrote:

[snip] ... Whats sad though, is that when you erase "White" history, you are also erasing "Black" history. ... [snip]

The Battle Flag is not "White" history. Slavery is not "Black" history. They are BOTH "American" history.

No one (with the sense to make sense .. cuz some of those talking heads on TV do not make sense) has suggested "Erasing" history. Removing something offensive does not remove the memories (painful and prideful). Ask anyone that lived through World War II if they still remember the emotional scars of that time. Ask them if they remember the joy at VE Day. Or the mix of joy and quizzical horror at the arrival of VJ Day. That history will not fade.

(VE Day = The Day the war ended in Europe; VJ Day = The Day the war ended in Japan)

But remembering, learning from and growing beyond "History" does not require being smacked in the face with it every day either. For many people in this country (USA) seeing that flag every day reminds them how a majority of people living during that time .. and still living in that exact same location .. many of those people felt and still feel that a particular type of human being is less than human simply because of an unrelated external difference. Feeling as if others "see" you as failed, inadequate or even sub-human is NOT conducive to a good daily attitude. And that's wrong.

By the same token, there are many that use the Battle Flag .. or a lighter skin tone .. as a reason to hate as well. The culture of hatred that has grown up (and blown up) around the events of the past is staggering, persistent ... and destructive to our future. ON BOTH SIDES! No one gets out of this dance with a clean record .. period.

BilliJo, I don't know you. You don't know me. But I can hope and pray that when you see another human being wandering past you that you don't make judgements based on their external attributes. I feel pretty safe in guessing that if you felt they prejudged you without anything more than a glance at your face, you'd be right-dang offended. "How DARE they judge me. They don't even know me!" (Sound like something you've heard others say .. maybe?)

The Confederate Battle Flag is a symbol that will forever be poisoned with far too much blood, hatred and bigotry. It NEEDS to be in a museum where it's potent venom can be encased behind glass, taught to all the new human souls filling our planet, and remembered as a symbol of hatred and bigotry in all it's more horrific dimensions. Even despite the best of morals that are still rightfully attached to it, that flag just has too much evil soaked through its fibers to ever be clean again.

The Confederate Soldiers that fought so bravely, died so horribly, and eventually had to surrender to an "Invading Force" .. need not ever forget nor remember in pain their service to their government, country and future. For most of them their service was honorable and based in all of the best intentions. They did what right-thinking people do, defended their homes, their principles and their beliefs.

But the bottom line truth is .. as a country and after MUCH bloodshed and violence ... we LEARNED that hatred, bigotry and prejudice do not make for a stronger, more powerful nation. Instead they make for a land divided by tension, distrust and constant bickering. We do not need, nor do we really want a future heading in that direction. We WANT a future based on growth, success and the life of our children that is better than our life.

(apologies for the Wall-O-Text rant)

I'm also a bit of a writer (in my own imagination if not yet published). But I have had the opportunity to participate in rape fantasies, power exchange fantasies and many other "edgy" facets of human sensuality. Not just in virtual reality either. I have held the ropes that bound my "victim", grinned evilly as I tightened them mercilessly ...

... and released them instantly should the ball ever get dropped to the floor (the oldest of old-timey signals that the fantasy is over) or heard even the slightest whisper of a "Safe Word".

Like the violent movies and video games we watch incessantly, like the myriad imaginary scenarios we all harbor of doing wicked nasty things to those that really torque us off completely, like the embarassed giggles that float across the office cubes when the gals (or guys) get together and start telling tall tales and spinning impossible hilarities ... IMAGINATION IS SAFE!

I've always held that imagination is the tool we've been given to explore beyond our current boundaries. Some find it okay to think outside those lines, some find it threatening. For myself I am proud to have raised yet another generation of human beings that know the difference, practice the right morals when it's reality involved ... and have the freedom of angel's wings when they are staying inside their own heads thinking their own thoughts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3193 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.