What Kind of Fees Do Merchants Pay to Be Included in Sales Events?

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I said zero to several thousand lindens.

I stick by that :D.

Not all venues pay for the teir totally in this manner. Some venues are only open a short time. Some venue owners apparently ENJOY the process of being an event coordinator and do it for fun. NOT ALL certainly as I have done the math and seen the profit on some. Several venues have LEVELS of payment (some for placement by the entrance, some for larger areas) and those of course go for more money. My statement was for a "general" booth -- which in your later example is $3500.

Some of my favorite and very popular venues (I wasn't in them, just blogging then - actually in a couple now that I think on it) were free for merchants. Some have very expensive costs due to large LARGE areas given (home and garden) so there is a big range.

PS. I went back and looked at some of the places that I knew had open registration forms and they were still there and still in the low thousands range. Not going to link to them. Folks can do their own homework. 

Anaiya Ahren wrote:

I guess some events don't need more merchants and are over booked in which case they've probably no good reason to share information about their business model with events that do have room to accept applicants.   Also, it's very possible they're charging differrent merchants different rates for various reasons and it might be prudent to be discrete about that.  It makes a lot of sense that if X merchant always increases attendence at an event that you'd encourage them to participate and consider any discount you give to get them there to be an advertising cost.

I doubt seriously that many (or any) event organizers are charging less to some than others. Folks talk and compare and that would be a VERY bad practice as word would could get around quickly. Most events have the cost on the sign up form when you fill that out. So anyone getting to the form (often private I agree) will see the costs. Other venues you buy your spot via buying prims or kiosks themselves and they are all out there for anyone to see.

I have also filled in at the last minute and wasn't given any discount :D.

So again, supposition is a dangerous thing.

This was to the OP:

I have been in many many non-profit events and they have all (for a general booth - not a sponsor) been in the $1000 to $2500 range. Some monthly venues are in that same range - some less. The profits in the non-profit events are generally lower (judging by my sales and what other retailers have told me)  than the monthlies (ones listed in Serephim).  Folks typically do those events in part because they want to help the charity.

And to Trinity:  The SOS event you speak of turned OUT to be free, but in the beginning for quite awhile it was $3000 AND every item needed to be in vendors. That did not work for me (and apparently lots of other creators) since they changed that ^^.   I didn't hear about the change until almost opening when a friend told me she had joined and I commented about ALL the vendors (which I hate). I then found out about the revised system. 

Events that accept my store usually cost around 3-5k lindens, I participate in few of them and always make nice sales. I never tried to apply to superpopular events but most of those are invite only. 

Last month I was in a hunt and paid 10k to be on the (if I remember correctly) 4th place. 

For me, best event is pose fair because I earn at least 100k, this year I paid 15k for landing point store. 

There are several websites with infos about upcoming hunts and events where you (or anyone else) can look at the application and fees. 

If I may ask, why are you interested in this? 

I honestly don't see anything dangerous about it. 

If there are these huge events out there that don't have fees published anywhere and which none of the merchants will talk about the fees they pay to participate in, like it's some state secret, it really makes no difference to anyone what speculation is made as to why it's private. 

I don't personally know of any events like that but clearly if they're as huge and common and therefore obviously successful as the person I was responding to proposes, everyone involved is happy with the super secret hush hush arrangement and the rest of us can speculate on these alleged events until the cows come home with no further effect than having passed the time of day. 

• 3 months later...

I also took part in The Book Of Daniel Event and there was a participation fee of 3000L$ which had to be paid upon sign-up and you could donate either 50%, 75%, or 100% of your revenue.  The info for the event is still up on Facebook, they were very open about everything and kept us up to date on how things were going as well.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2658 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.